Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Not too bad but even cheaper around Costcoland near Northlakes along the way.

I had to fill up urgently on Tuesday and it was 139.5 but I had no choice...the only choice I had was to put in only what I needed.

What a cheapskate.

and what a ripoff and it's more than time the ACCC got some real teeth and did something about the so called cycles. OPEC prices go up, we pay more at the bowsers, OPEC prices drop we don't save much ...still pay more unless there's a sudden drop in world supply and spot prices reflect this.

I think I'm suffering from all the Christmas good cheer (not alcohol but greetings) and am now into 'bah humbug' territory yet again.

However, a good vent never hurt anyone, even if it's Christmas.

:banplease:
We need another ACCC(b) to look into what the hell the ACCC(a) does all day. Another expensive wet sponge govt empire.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well, an interesting couple of days for me...........

hot water system died yesterday morning........ had a look - tank cactii to the max
found one on Faceache - 2 days camel ride south of me........

got my nephew (with a ute) to give me a hand to get it home

fitted it up tonight - exactly the same as my old one - so no mods were needed or required
easy as

filled it up with water - no leaks - good stuff
lit the pilot light (storage HWsystem) - easy as
turn it to the temp I wanted - no problemo - bursts into flame heating water

phew says I

go inside turn on hot water tap

NOTHING

WTAF

then a rush of air
then nothing, nothing at all - 10 mins later - still nothing

back out side, turn it off - flush the gas out - undo ALL water the fittings - water flowing ok.........

missus goes inside - turns on hot water tap..... water coming out
re-light the pilot, get the temp
check taps again - yeppers water - hot water coming out

dunno what it was
dunno what I did

but it works, and I now have hot water

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Found some of my stubby/can collection, bit of style to my shed.
IMG_20161226_184001.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Pack your bags @chartrock you need to move to south of the Tweed River....................................
Sorry @Drover but I originated south of the border so in State of Origin my alligience lies south of the border (and XXXX leaves themselves wide open to jokes anyway).:boink:

I just love to stir Queenslanders. :pound:

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Morning all,

One of the girls asked me to take her fishing for the first time, scoped out the beach yesterday so lines are all ready and waiting for the little princess to wake up. Last day here before heading off to QLD for a week.

Happy one of the kids has shown an interest, then I can justify why I want a kayak to the missus, I better catch something this morning so she stays interested dammit.