Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have found the section of beach between Rainbow and Innskip the ideal spot, all the DH's hoon up to Double Island, I prefer the quieter spot here plus tide wont trap me. Though we have 2m tides now and they the cover the beach at high.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Good morning last day of work feels sooooòo good lovely day here sun shining look out NSW allmost on our way another Victorian marching through hope your weather is good for us packing car when i get home tonight fridge is cold van is ready surprisingly misses is ready too

Sydney weather is pretty ordinary at the moment, hoping it clears for you @Bluey

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
IMG_3684.PNG
Another lovely day up here.................................going to do my lawns but might go to the beach for lunch........................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Had a near miss here at work a steel beam fell onto a boom lift lucky somones not dead just before christmas everyone be carefull at work make sure we come home to loved ones we are in the sheds waiting too see if site will be closed
Great advice @Bluey. Im taking safety seriously .... Ive avoided work for a year

PS Its Friday and the unions have a gifted excuse ..... of course your going home. :)

Whats your travel plans, where, when and for how long

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It really doesn't take much other than stupidity, one tiny little flaw and that's it. Had a load on crane drop, it was a tiny bubble in steel of a shackle, just decided to let go one day.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now that has always scared me, the Architect says it's good :o has always sent chivers down my spine, whether for a building/ construction or war machine.........glad nobody was hurt, may not poo for a week but thats a small problem............................enjoy your holiday Blue Dog..@Bluey

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Evening ok what happened as @Drover said a flaw in the design it may work on paper but not in reality
The men where a bit worried about putting up thease big beams with no supports but thats how its designed to be done they put the beam up bolted it on one end other end connected to nothing 1 storie up crane let it go it sat there 5 mins they where prepairing next beam and bang down it came one end hit ground other end landed on a boom lift with men inside it
The companie a rather large one shut site down Not Union untill work safe came to inspect work safe have also been to this site 3 times for other incadents so far .. the push on this job is crazy we can only do so much i was glad to leave alive
Mate,

You are nown officially on a well earned holiday, enjoy every moment and stay safe on the journey.

I'll be in touch at sapphire beach.

Wozza.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 theres no excuse when a 4 tonne steel beam falls to ground from 1 storie up friday or not we all chiped in 50 bucks each today all members for a blokes misses he died at docklands job dont want any more men getting hurt or dead
As for plans leave tomoz hollbrook then sydney .....port Stephens ......coffs 22nd till the 6th
Ill be likely passing you at some point, so keep me informed where you are ... I hunt you down and we can discuss your surfing progress (or regress).

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Weather, tides and timing lately means the fish up here should be starving as I havent fed them in weeks.......some of our tribe descend on us in a couple of days so will get the rods out and spend my fishing untangling lines, baiting hooks for the grandkids........aarrgghhhh.
.. Enjoy Coffs the traffic is murder in town I reckon.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've looked at those heads and wondered about that, bit like Elliot Heads paddle during the incoming is okay but out going could see you out at sea...........................was going to go for a paddle around HT but the damn wind came up so left it...................will look at tide chart before I pay a visit then !!!!!

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well the fuel prices are climbing and outside of the city it ain't some BS cycle rubbish either...............Gympie today, Coles Express had diesel at 136.9 and ULP at 136.9 while next door the Woollies was Diesel 125.9 and ULP 126.9 yet down the road BP was 124 for diesel and ULP with a couple still around 122........heading to Fraser or Rainbow ? Goomboorian Roadhouse about $118 for diesel with rainbow about 132 last time I was there and Tin Can Bay 121 Diesel.............................................

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Not too bad but even cheaper around Costcoland near Northlakes along the way.

I had to fill up urgently on Tuesday and it was 139.5 but I had no choice...the only choice I had was to put in only what I needed.

What a cheapskate.

and what a ripoff and it's more than time the ACCC got some real teeth and did something about the so called cycles. OPEC prices go up, we pay more at the bowsers, OPEC prices drop we don't save much ...still pay more unless there's a sudden drop in world supply and spot prices reflect this.

I think I'm suffering from all the Christmas good cheer (not alcohol but greetings) and am now into 'bah humbug' territory yet again.

However, a good vent never hurt anyone, even if it's Christmas.

:banplease:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They also want $46 for a carton of Carlton Mid stubbies, BS.....................

Reactions: DRW

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, oil price is (yesterday) $44 per barrel

just before Gulf War 2 it was $44 per barrel - $1.10 per Litre at bowser

- funny it always goes up - but never down

and the Media help them, always saying - well its cheap with the cycle at the moment

no its not - we are getting screwed

yanks pay $1.10 per Gallon (US Gallon) ($AU 1.52 per Gallon)
UK pays £1.10 - £1.20 per gallon (Imperial Gallon) ($AU2.06 per gallon)

we pay $1.25 (average) per Litre - roughly $3.00 a gallon

funny that hey

I agree with you as well @Dobbie starting to get the "Bah humbug to you..........."
lucky country my arm pit