Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just a normal Aldi cloth shopping bag, actually one of the bags is a Dan Murphys Wine bottle bag......................................starting to build a house nearby yesterday and I was hoping the fella would leave his mini excavator with wide bucket behind, only need it for an hour or 2............only want to scrape 50mm.....................broke as, so have to shovel it, very slowly.

One more sleep then after 196 days since we sold up and moved out of the Lockyer Valley we can move from Big Mal into a house, with 2 toilets, such luxury.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats great @DRW , if the shed doesn't come with a vermin strip around the bottom of the walls just go to Bunnings and get some plastic corner edge that you use with plastering in doorways etc, it's about $3 a length and does a great job, used it on mine when I noticed the big gaps...since I was putting all our stuff from storage into it I also added a few boxes of mouse/rat bait and gave the place a good dose of surface spray to keep the bugs out and laid sheets of corflute ($6 at Green Shed) on the floor where I stacked the cardboard boxes other wise they would suck up moisture from floor, see how good it all worked by the weekend. I also used some cardboard sheets on the walls as insulation, the old tin gets damn hot and a trap over the top of our junk as the place filled up with dust, mucky living on a building site. Biggest pain was hooking and disconnecting water each day except weekends as hose was about 40m long and tradies would end up parking or stomping it.

Reactions: bigcol

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Have to agree with Paul re buyers Dave - hope you are recovering well from your op.
Re buyers - we offered a bookcase for free on Gumtree. Two different people rang up - yes they would love to take it - could I deliver? I'm afraid I was not a very nice person and said no....

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Oh well I guess we will just have to wait, re the arm, the only people who are happy with my progress are the physio and the surgeon, as for me I still can't use a screw driver, open a stubby of shake hand properly, they all say it's going great and another 12 weeks it will be back to normal :(

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Sounds like my knee!

Total replacement two years ago. Surgeon happy, physio happy, exercise physio happy, me.....very unhappy.

I can't walk properly so our values, measurement criteria differ.

(But I can use a screwdriver, open a stubby etc ....I just can't get up off the ground so I stay upright.....interesting for camping as I now have to do things differently.)

:cool-19:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It bloody dragged on at times from my perspective......................................the other day I posted a 2001st post and then today the 1001st, could be something significant but it's beyond me......only derogatory things come to mind which some will point out no doubt :o

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Fishing is terrible old mate, we have had weed along the beaches for weeks and a fair bit of wind around to make it a pain in the estuary............fish an chip shop easier.

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Good morning its been a while little bit of rain today hope to go early if so i can go to geelong jayco to get a new door latch the one you clip on to van to hold door open mines stuffed looking at how its made not surprized it hasnt lasted long the metal clip can easy come out only held in with locking washes which easy work loose 32 bucks for new one how's the fishing @Drover 9 days till we leave
Bluey have you tried the place in Hoppers on Old Geelong Rd. Seem to have most bits there. Save you a drive to Geelong if you don't need to.:car:

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Used to enjoy the surf many moons ago also..... Last time was 8 years ago near Emerald Beach just out of Coffs Harbour when staying with friends. Ended up sitting on the beach watching the young guys after bruising some ribs.... Forgot I wasn't 18 again at the time :oops:
Nice place to bruise your ribs, and sit watching the 18yo go by

Reactions: bigcol and dagree