Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Sun was out when I got up this morning (about 7:30 :D) but clouded up again ready for more rain. 29 mm yesterday, I knew I shouldn't have washed the truck on Sunday, Still, first rain in nearly a month so very welcome, just means I'll have to cut the grass this week sometime. :oops:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Same here.

45mm yesterday so car and van are getting a nature wash on outside.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You do know Paul if you really want to get that much needed exercise you could have rocked up to my place, no rain and mowed to your hearts content............... Just spent all day doing mine 2 tanks in mower, 1 in brush cutter, must have lost 5kg.....now replacing it with beer..........saw some rain at the end of the valley, would like some to get the place looking really green but then the damn stuff goes wild............new place will be flat and no more than 1/2 acre......................place we were going to check out next week, some bastard has bought it, gazumped again..........can't do anything for a couple of weeks anyway.
I attack the shed AM tomorrow, some treasure will be disposed of.......anyone interested in a CX500 with a heap of spares ????

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
yes I miss those days .
doesn't look like its going to get anywhere near 35 at the moment

Thought long and hard about that and Nope, surely don't miss them..................AC in truck would be fighting hard to keep 29 in cab when it hit high 30's and driving a T Line with 4x4 aircon it was 38 outside and 45 inside the bloody thing. Overcast, muggy and still lots of cook in the sun in the Lockyer today, wish it would flamin rain......

Was going to check a flash house up the coast but somebody jumped in with an offer yesterday, stuff it might just go on tour, look for a shed later. (and try not to spend the money)

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Thought long and hard about that and Nope, surely don't miss them..................AC in truck would be fighting hard to keep 29 in cab when it hit high 30's and driving a T Line with 4x4 aircon it was 38 outside and 45 inside the bloody thing. Overcast, muggy and still lots of cook in the sun in the Lockyer today, wish it would flamin rain......

Was going to check a flash house up the coast but somebody jumped in with an offer yesterday, stuff it might just go on tour, look for a shed later. (and try not to spend the money)

sounds like a good plan

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Cab filters may be good on tarred road rigs but in the dirt I reckon you need one about the size of a skip bin, those dinky size ones just clog in about an hour. Something like a Donaldson with an auto shaker on it, to clean itself all the time.....or better still retire to the beach...lol.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
image.jpg
Not sunrise yet!!!!!!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Grass here is slower to grow....reseeded a huge area .....but the weeds are coming on very well.

And the van is finally cleaned of sand, bird crap and other stuff. And solar and roof now clean. We're very slow when it comes to cleaning so kept putting it off. Rain was a good excuse.

All ready for the next trip.

Just noticed an overhead cupboard has decided to throw another hinge....so tried to fix in and now have an even bigger hole. Gave up in dusgust

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When I find an errant screw I always give it a dip in the No More Gaps before putting it back in.............blue sky and a bit of sun in the Lockyer... 20mm in the gauge so far and I swear the flamin grass has added that much as well,, 2 days of mowing ahead, aarrgghhh.