steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
Another great morning in Port Stephens
image.jpg

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
A nice warm morning in Melbourne at the asylum, looking at Melbourne Park for Day 1 of the Aus Open. Not going as I am stuck at work, and will probably be cooler in the office than on court 1 in a few hours.

Attachments

• 20160118 Roof tennis.jpg
    20160118 Roof tennis.jpg
    967 KB · Views: 123

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Morning from sunny Holbrook great stop over this park very nice love it

On the last leg home Bluey??? Is Mrs Bluey back at work next week or still off on kiddie duties?? I spent a few mornings at the school last week with some contractors putting in a gate and path from the Community Centre car park to the basketball courts. Came up pretty good so hopefully fix a few of the parking issues around the place during drop off and pick up times. :car::censored:

Attachments

• 20160113_074937_resized.jpg
    20160113_074937_resized.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Good morning and Happy Australia Day lovely day here bit windy but suns out 27 today roast lamb on barbi snags and bergers for lunch my mum and sister and her crew are comming for lunch View attachment 38532 port arlington beach from my annex View attachment 38533 View attachment 38534 View attachment 38535 van park emptying this morning View attachment 38536 View attachment 38537 View attachment 38538 be back next year but no jumping pillow no splash park no swings there is a playground just a beach most expencive park we have stayed at 85 bucks a night but melbourne is just on other side of bay in front of us we can see it many people come here so id say thats why its pricey
Immediately take down and burn the chinese made Australia flag beach towel, and string of tiny chinese Australia flags

Im starting a movement ... if your found in possession of Australian flags made in Chinese, you get 20 lashes and have to write the words to Adv Aust Fair 100 times (both verses)

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Immediately take down and burn the chinese made Australia flag beach towel, and string of tiny chinese Australia flags

Im starting a movement ... if your found in oossession of Australian flags made in Chinese, you get 20 lashes and have to write the words to Adv Aust Fair 100 times (both verses)
Can you get australian made ones if so where ??????? What about all our stuffed animal toys at vic market give up crusty its all to late but we like to think its not

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The White Ensign (Navy Flag) I fly is made in Sth Aust but I'm afraid my Aussie blue flag is more than likely imported just like my BONDS undies..........................................oh just realized why we copped the bare bottom pic awhile ago, the Crustycon can't find Aussie made shorts or undies, well done @Crusty181 for being a man of conviction.......:applause:...................:boink:

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We have a cafe/picnic area and restaurant in an old arrowroot mill which has served the local area for 15 years or so but recently was bought by a Chinese group. It is still open to anyone but is harder to get in now as it is set up to take buses full of Chinese tourists. What amuses me is that they have set up a typical tourist trap shop to sell Aussie souvenirs (mostly made in China) to Chinese tourists. :pound:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
The White Ensign (Navy Flag) I fly is made in Sth Aust but I'm afraid my Aussie blue flag is more than likely imported just like my BONDS undies..........................................oh just realized why we copped the bare bottom pic awhile ago, the Crustycon can't find Aussie made shorts or undies, well done @Cristy181 for being a man of conviction.......:applause:...................:boink:

Maybe he could use a flag as a sarong?

Our sensibilities would be protected while his might just get a little more attention.

:o

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I have
Can you get australian made ones if so where ??????? What about all our stuffed animal toys at vic market give up crusty its all to late but we like to think its not
Good news @Bluey
http://www.australianflagmakers.com.au/
Now you can ditch those nasty cheap unpatriotic chinese knockoff Aussie flags, and flag up with pride.

Ive got about a dozen good old Aussie made Aussie flags in all sorts of sizes from desk size to aircraft carrier size.

I sometimes sneak around caravan parks at night collecting the unacceptable flags, bag them up, and post them back to China with a Chinese flag badly drawn in crayon, and sticky note "See how you like it. Now quit it"

20160127_162011-resized-1280.jpg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We fly a flag every day...unless it's really stormy....and it gets put up early and taken down at sunset. It never touches the ground.

It's now a ritual and each of our flags is Ozzie made and proudly flown.

We have Aust flags, qld flags, boxing kangaroo, Scottish and eureka flags so have fun selecting every morning and trotting up to the flagpole to start the day.

I also bought a Shri Lankan flag cos I thought it was close to a Royal Standard....and wanted to annoy the neighbours.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We fly a flag every day...unless it's really stormy....and it gets put up early and taken down at sunset. It never touches the ground.

It's now a ritual and each of our flags is Ozzie made and proudly flown.

We have Aust flags, qld flags, boxing kangaroo, Scottish and eureka flags so have fun selecting every morning and trotting up to the flagpole to start the day.

I also bought a Shri Lankan flag cos I thought it was close to a Royal Standard....and wanted to annoy the neighbours.
I have a similar collection ... but in stubby holders

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Melb rainstorm 20160127.jpg
Well done lets do the aussie thing will give you half a dozen stubbies for two small ones
Lucky you are not still at Portarlington Bluey. Would have got a tad wet yesterday. We were down there a few years back and had a dumping of rain, and the water was about 75mm running through the park. 10 minutes later it had all soaked in. Was interesting in the old Hawk and the friends were in a canvas camper trailer that basically collapsed due to the weight of the water on it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No rain, oh good grass has grown 6 inches overnight, bugger.............
I have a Ford, Jeep and Holden flag all chinkenese plus a genuine Old Glory made In the good old US of A..............made of bunting with all the bits stitched on .