DJI Phantom

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I don't have the patience nor skill to even attempt something like that.
RTF is where it's at for me....;)

Looking forward to your results though..

Reactions: dagree

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Thanks @Matty4 . We have ordered all the parts as individual items so it's not even going to be an ARF kit build. Most of the parts have come from HobbyKing and Next FPV. Both have been very quick, ordered the bits on Sunday and all the parts have now arrived.... guess i know what will be on this weekend . Have also got a few items coming from china so will be a few weeks for them.

The minister for war and finance has allocated build space in the activity room (now renamed the drone room) with instructions that "it better not get too messy" :)

The parts

multi.jpg

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Just been busy buying a few new bits and pieces for my P3A.
Decided I wanted a backpack type case for it rather than the hard shell toolbox type. Easier to carry and I can take it with me on my bike if I feel the need. I'll keep the hard case for flying holidays (maybe..)

Also bought some 3D printed "windsurfer" range extenders, I've seen videos of people getting over 7km in distance using these things, so I thought I'd give 'em a go.
Bought the HDMI out circuit board for the controller so now I can connect it to any monitor with HDMI in, TV in van, for instance, so anyone can see it live at the same time

Heading to Bright (again) over Melbourne Cup weekend so I'll be trying to get some great footage around there. It's very nice up there in spring.
20151016_160541.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hey Paul
Kym has nothing to worry about this will be a lean mean and clean build.

Don't be too concerned if you hear what sounds like an oversize mozzie crashing into your roof in the near future.
I wont hear anything for the next couple of weeks. We are off Sunday for a week at Brunswick Heads then after that a week in Sydney to help my sister (again) with her unpacking after her move. :oops: But it will be interesting to see some overheads of the house. :eek-53:

Reactions: cruza driver

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Let us know how they go. would be good for when we add fpv to our frankendrone.
Should've replied earlier...sorry.
Tested them out at Bright. Launched from a lookout overlooking the valley that Bright is located in.
Managed to get just on 2K range from me and still had full signal on both video and radio. Very impressed.
Will be trying again these holidays.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Thought I'd post up a short video I took back in January on Fraser Island.
I was planning to make a long video combining the Phantom footage with heaps of GoPro footage 4WDing around Fraser but the GoPro SD card was corrupt and didn't record anything...........bugger.............anyway.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Thought I'd post up a short video I took back in January on Fraser Island.
I was planning to make a long video combining the Phantom footage with heaps of GoPro footage 4WDing around Fraser but the GoPro SD card was corrupt and didn't record anything...........bugger.............anyway.

Awesome footage mate. Fraser Island is on our bucket list.