DJI Phantom

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Thanks coled1970 We are at Moonee Beach until the 18th so hope to get it out before then and have another go. Been to busy doing the tourist thing so much to see and do around here. Got one of the best fishing spots at the front door and haven't got the rods out yet.
I think were i went wrong was not calibrating it. So will find some open space and give it a go. It is a bit nerve racking to think that with the go pro attached you have got nearly 2 grand flying around up there but i'm game:lie:
Thanks for the offer hope to stop at shoal bay for a couple of nights so might catch up.

Reactions: coled1970

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Thanks coled1970 We are at Moonee Beach until the 18th so hope to get it out before then and have another go. Been to busy doing the tourist thing so much to see and do around here. Got one of the best fishing spots at the front door and haven't got the rods out yet.
I think were i went wrong was not calibrating it. So will find some open space and give it a go. It is a bit nerve racking to think that with the go pro attached you have got nearly 2 grand flying around up there but i'm game:lie:
Thanks for the offer hope to stop at shoal bay for a couple of nights so might catch up.
Ah yes the old calibration thingy. Been caught out with that too. The cost does keep creeping up especially when flying long distances with the FPV. Ive been out to 320 meters so far and certain body parts got fairly tight i can tell you. Makes it even worse when you look up and cannot see it. I made sure mine was insured with my contents so when it goes missing i can get it replaced.
I start my 4 days on on the 18th but hopefully we can catch up and go flying, but if not a chat and talk some flying.

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Good price @relgate. Have you bought yours yet??
Had my first crash the other day. Low battery and I think it homed into the last point where I flew it. Which wasn't the spot I was flying from this time. Couple of broken props and a bit of bent gimbal. But all fixed now.
If took off in a different direction which wasn't far from where I was flying. Took out a branch. Spewing I didn't have the camera on. Would of been good to watch close up.
Lesson learned don't fly under the influence. Lol

Reactions: skippy

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Good price @relgate. Have you bought yours yet??
Had my first crash the other day. Low battery and I think it homed into the last point where I flew it. Which wasn't the spot I was flying from this time. Couple of broken props and a bit of bent gimbal. But all fixed now.
If took off in a different direction which wasn't far from where I was flying. Took out a branch. Spewing I didn't have the camera on. Would of been good to watch close up.
Lesson learned don't fly under the influence. Lol
Haven't bought one yet....

Whats the legal limit for flying a helicopter?

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
I used to fly remote control planes hard core. No so much now but still do. Depending where you fly (around any major city, or flight path) it is 325 feet, this sounds a lot for a remote plane but it is not. We are always getting warning letters for height, 500 ft were common height braches.

Once you get away from the city the 1500 ft limit applies, but unless you are in a club you will never really know this. Not really sure what happens with a drone, going to be a mind field I would think.

Reactions: relgate

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Hi coled1970 thanks for the chat the other day sorry we couldn't chat up. Down at warrnambool at the moment and had the phantom out this is my son-in-law's first flight (he really hooked in). Not bad for a first timer! I'll upload some footage of my flight over the next day or so.

KevO

Aug 12, 2013
Cobar NSW

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Yep there's always one isn't there.
Hey Kebsy56, was good to chat, pity we couldn't catch and wasn't able to talk long due to work. Will definitely have to catch up next time your up this way or when we're down your way. Hope you and the family had a great holiday.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Just thought I'd dig up this old thread.

A couple of weeks ago I decided I'd had enough of my original Phantom. I'd had a full FPV and mini iOSD fitted but the flight time was limited to not quite 8 minutes, so I basically gave up flying it.

In its place I went out and bought myself a new Phantom 3 Advanced!!!
Let me tell you, this thing is friggin' awesome.......

Went back up to my mates place in Mildura last weekend and flew it up there for the first time. It has full FPV built in using the DJI Pilot App on my Ipad mini and I get around 22-23 minutes of flight time with a range of up to 2km (but I only got out to 900m or so).

Will endeavour to upload some videos in the near future, but seeing as though they're in 1080P the files are quite large.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Haven't got goggles @Dean81 just use the DJI pilot app on my iPad mini. At this stage there doesn't seem to be any way of outputting the video from the Rx but I have seen an upgrade option to allow fitment of an HDMI port to the P3 controller like the Inspire 1 controller has. I guess then you could use that to output to a pair, provided they have an HDMI input.
Would be cool though.
Currently up on Magnetic Island and trying to get it up in the air a couple of times.