DJI Phantom

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
So...........it was my birthday a couple of days ago and recently my wife was asking me what I wanted for my birthday. I said I wasn't sure but I'd love a new DJI Phantom (not really thinking she'd splurge on one for me....lol)

Anyway...............birthday morning rolls around and she and the kids pull a big box out marked DJI Phantom.........how awesome is my wife....and kids!!!

Anyway, thought I'd post up my first flight with my GoPro attached.

I know a couple of others on here, @Capt. Gadget and @coled1970 , I think, have one.
This could be the thread to post up videos made by anyone with one.

Needless to say, this will be going everywhere with me from now on.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Thats Awesome @Matty4 now you need to accessorise, if your into videos rather than Still photos a Gimbal to keep it all still is a must, mines just a cheapie off eBay but works a treat

I had the first flight with the GPS off on the last holiday to fly up alongside a forrest tree lookout to take some stills of the Kids up the tree now that was scary I thought I'd never get it back to the gap amongst the trees to land it but the pictures I got were well worth the stress

Diamond Tree.jpg

Reactions: Dean81

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I have to admit that as it got further and further away the heart rate started getting up there......
I tested out the fail safe "return to home" function, and it worked a treat.

Yes @Capt. Gadget a gimbal will be on the cards for sometime, as well as an upgraded GoPro (I've only got a Hero 1, so I want a Hero3 to enable FPV). I've seen that vid of yours. What gimbal did you get?

Reactions: mfexpanda

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Alright I've succumbed and bought the DJI phantom 2. Arrives this week..

Already have the GoPro Hero 3 and bought the @Capt. Gadget recommended Gimbal..

One of my mates at work has had his DJI phantom for over a year and I've had the privilege of flying it a couple of times myself in rockhampton.. Couldn't get enough. Lol

Plan to use both for work and play, any tips welcome??

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Alright I've succumbed and bought the DJI phantom 2. Arrives this week..

Already have the GoPro Hero 3 and bought the @Capt. Gadget recommended Gimbal..

One of my mates at work has had his DJI phantom for over a year and I've had the privilege of flying it a couple of times myself in rockhampton.. Couldn't get enough. Lol

Plan to use both for work and play, any tips welcome??

Thanks in advance
Awesome! Where did you buy from?