DJI Phantom 3 drone

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
What device do you currently use to view with?
I mainly use an ipad mini 2 which is wifi only, so it can't be done with that. If I was to use my iphone 6s then I could update my home point as it uses the GPS receiver in the phone.
I "think" it would work if I hotspotted my ipad to my iphone, but haven't tried it yet.
I'm using a sons old Samsung Note 3. I have no sim in it, but I can hotspot it to my phone, not that Ive bothered. The Note 3 has GPS so it should be fine. Ill search though the menus and locate that function.

Do you know if the failsafe height can be changed mid flight?

I made a state of the art shade box out of a Cornflakes box

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Here's a few shots from Stockton Beach in Newcastle and the Signa wreck.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I'm using a sons old Samsung Note 3. I have no sim in it, but I can hotspot it to my phone, not that Ive bothered. The Note 3 has GPS so it should be fine. Ill search though the menus and locate that function.

Do you know if the failsafe height can be changed mid flight?

I made a state of the art shade box out of a Cornflakes box

I bet that's a nice ghetto looking screen shade.......well done.:eek-53:

I have my RTH set to 60M and just to really sure I tend to check it (again) before each flight, just to put my mind at ease...lol
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change the RTH altitude during a flight, as long as it's not in RTH mode at the time.
You can change plenty of other parameters mid flight

Reactions: Crusty181

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Ok. It had to happen ... i crashed the P3 Adv into a tree, and it then plummeted into a creek

Oh no. I've put an Inspure 1 into a tree. Didn't damage it, but I had some fireie mates come and help get it out and they dropped it and caused major damage.

Going into the creek is a worry, did you manage to salvage it ?

Reactions: Crusty181