17' Series Blueys 2014 1756-2 outback

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey Bluey have a look at my page, I recently had to do a job on my HWS due to leak, sounds like you have the same, need dry weather to fix it though, or really good silicone stuff.

They do get some good drenching rain down there at times.........keep boat handy.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
;)
Its pretty bad here i feel sorry for people in tents i saw someone bucketing water out there tent window out side my van its over ankel deep half of annex is under glad i pulled up floor if it rains all night look out i heard last time the river next door came into the park tents fully under by a foot hope it stops
Just hang the fishing rod out the expandas window ! o_O

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Use some beewax, way better than silicon, or heat a candle so it's a bit soft and run that over the stitches, should work even if it's wet better when dry though.
Only on one side or you will trap moisture.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I used wax cotton when sewing canvas and rub the stitch with beewax to help with the seal, in the heat it soaks into the thread and they may leak in 10 or so years...........I had a wax pen in the pocket of my DryRider jacket, waxed cotton one, and on a very hot day it melted into the pocket so thats where it stayed but if it rained and the flap was open water got in and it stayed there, not nice at all, never leaked out, too bad if you had something in there though.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, doesn't need to be a heap just a quick rub, you shouldn't even really see it afterwards.

Reactions: Bluey