17Triton`s Triton.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I hear it's hard to get a site at Bathurst. As previous people get first chop at sites. Hoping to take to panda down this year.

It is hard, and we won't be giving our spot up any time soon. However, if you want the panda there, either get 2 sites or get there early or else she'll be a snug fit!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Back in the XU1 days, my mate and I, our bikes and a carton or 2 of not real cold KB. It was noisy and the chicks didn't wear a lot of clothes...............aarr the memories.................they'd all be grannies now.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I hit some good potholes and corrugations and all good and took a fair bit to get off the window when I got home. I will let you know after Saturday.

Reactions: Crusty181

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
@17triton Ive got an 8inch Android, is the mount generic or iThing only. Where did it come from ..... ill get one if it survives some serious pounding

The inlaws got it from Aldi along with a cheap tablet but ended up getting a better tablet and gave the cheapie to my young fella.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg

Reactions: Crusty181

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I don't trust those suck on jobs, my dash cam does the odd nose dive to the floor on really hot days. Thinking of doble sided tape to mount it.
I will give it one chance!!! I find them ok as long as you wet them first.

Relle & Mark

Sep 15, 2014
South East Melbourne
G'day @17triton was just wondering would you recommend the triton 4x4 GLX-R Fully optioned up over the ford ranger i've done a little bit of home work value for money the triton sounds good compared to the ranger when you ad the options the triton has to the ranger it is $20 grand dearer.
Triton looks great just not sure ?o_O

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
G'day @17triton was just wondering would you recommend the triton 4x4 GLX-R Fully optioned up over the ford ranger i've done a little bit of home work value for money the triton sounds good compared to the ranger when you ad the options the triton has to the ranger it is $20 grand dearer.
Triton looks great just not sure ?o_O
Depends on what you are towing @Relle & Mark I honestly wouldn`t tow any bigger than a 17ft expanda with a Triton. we love ours and have clocked up 50k of trouble free motoring and it`s more than capable off road. The Ranger are a wider and more stable towing platform with more power and I recon they look sweet but I couldn`t afford it. Value for money the Triton`s are hard to go past. Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions fire away.

Relle & Mark

Sep 15, 2014
South East Melbourne
Depends on what you are towing @Relle & Mark I honestly wouldn`t tow any bigger than a 17ft expanda with a Triton. we love ours and have clocked up 50k of trouble free motoring and it`s more than capable off road. The Ranger are a wider and more stable towing platform with more power and I recon they look sweet but I couldn`t afford it. Value for money the Triton`s are hard to go past. Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions fire away.
Thanks @17triton same we luv the look of the ranger but the price is up there so we keep coming back to the triton.
Tow wise we are towing a swan that's under slung and at time we tow a 20 foot fibreglass boat which we currently use a ford Au series 3 sr wagon.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
What about a Colorado? I know the Tritons are in new model run out? We recently purchased a Colorado and I was unsure if it would be as good as our BT50. I can tell you it has heaps of power, we had the rear fully loaded, kayak on roof and it towed out 18.57-5 no dramas. Even 2 litres per 100k's cheaper to run when towing. The whole family was more than impressed with the travelling in it. Reason I chose a Colorado was price and warranty. I got 4x4 for well under price of a Mazda 4x2, Ford are just right up there in price and the Colorado has a much better warranty. Hopefully in 3 years I will be reporting how happy I am, and I am one who always says you get what you pay for. I did try and buy another Mazda, just could not justify the extra $$$. I did think about the Izuzu but I was worried about their dealer network not being large enough. I can tell you I was wrong! On our last trip, there were dealers everywhere and I was amazed how many Izuzu's I saw in southern NSW. My wife reminded me constantly, "there's another Izuzu!" I think they would be one to consider as well.
My friends have nick named my Colorado "The Ozito". Not happy about that!

Relle & Mark

Sep 15, 2014
South East Melbourne
Thanks @macca i haven't checked out the Colorado as i am a ford man from way back ;) the Holden name is like a sware word in my family Lol :D but the holden look great being in the class as the Ranger , BT-50 I will checkout the Colorado to what they have to offer basically im looking for a 4x4 with great towing capacity & Canopy & comfort for the right price at the moment the Triton GLX-R with all options is at the right price around the 40K drive away if the other car yards can sharpen there pencils a bit more & let me tell ya fords are trying very hard with 3 phone calls a day :biggrin1::thumb: fords are trying get me in a XLS Ranger 2.2 deisel 4x4 with the XLS options plus the canopy, tub-liner which still doesn't have tow pack for around 46K.