17Triton`s Triton.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg

I went shopping today and picked up some more recovery gear to go in the Triton. It will be a shame to get it dirty.:)

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
The gloves look like my size too mate and thought full of you to get me the hat, seeing as I have no hair and you'll be in the drivers seat.

Team Triton
Driver - Matt
Recoverer - Pace
Just for you buddy! How will you go on the Tirfor hand winch?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Totally agree mate hand/hard almost the same word lol. Never want to use it but handy to have in the tub. Can go backwards with it which you can't with the electric.
Yes, very true. Ive had a Tirfor T532 for 30 years; the 3tonne model .... the cable is 5/8 (or 16mm for you pups) The thing is big and heavy and the cable rolls up nice and snug ..... in a metre size loop. The cable and winch both weigh 20kg each. A few years back I used the Tirfor to rip a twin trunk Melaluca root out of the front yard ..... hard work but they certainly keep pulling

Ive not 4x4'ed for many years, since I retired the Landcruiser HJ47 (I had the sport model .... it had a clock).

There used to be a raging Ford v Holden style debate between the Tirfor and Brano branded winches. I assumed both had gone to god. Im putting an electric on the Navara, good quality imports are only $600

Last edited:

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Hi @17triton , I have a triton as well what type of brake controller do you have and where is it mounted. I'm looking at a tekonsha P3 but I don't want to keep hitting it with my knee?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hi @17triton , I have a triton as well what type of brake controller do you have and where is it mounted. I'm looking at a tekonsha P3 but I don't want to keep hitting it with my knee?
I've got the original Redarc controller for the same reason as you with knees hitting. I would go the new Redarc tow pro it is a bit smarter than mine. Mine is ok though.

Reactions: cruza driver

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thanks for that @ 17triton, yes that did help. I'm going to Bathurst this year and need to install a brake controller to my new triton.

These NEW Tritons must be a strange vehicle my brake controller in my Jeep is my foot, found it has worked to control my vehicle brakes very well for many years and even worked in trucks and other vehicles as well................................:yo::yo: