Shane and Alesha's new 22.68.1

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Interesting our van they say ATM 2780.. We have three water tanks so worried what it really will be :(

I think that most of the problem is that apparently jayco do not weigh every van they build so ours having a fair few "factory fitted" options they still chew into the ATM instead of being included in the tare.

Last edited:

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
So we hated the cupboards under the sink, we find there's a lot of useless space and all the pipe work under the sink makes that fairly unusable too, so we removed the shelf and put a centre decider in to separate clean from dirty areas so to speak, we then made up a drawer slide and shelf for a bin and under the sink including a basket for washing liquid and sponges.
image.jpg
image.jpg

In the other cupboard to the right will be 3 drawers for pantry items and a small nook next to the wheel arch for odds and sods.

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
So we hated the cupboards under the sink, we find there's a lot of useless space and all the pipe work under the sink makes that fairly unusable too, so we removed the shelf and put a centre decider in to separate clean from dirty areas so to speak, we then made up a drawer slide and shelf for a bin and under the sink including a basket for washing liquid and sponges. View attachment 34941 View attachment 34940
In the other cupboard to the right will be 3 drawers for pantry items and a small nook next to the wheel arch for odds and sods.

Love this Mod. great idea!

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
our plate has the axle weight at 2990 and total weight at 3198kg we are just above that without water and fully loaded. we will be changing the suspension setup soon and increasing the total weight to 3500kg. our empty weight is 2445kg.

Thanks for that gadgets I'll look into that a little more closely.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hey Shane weigh your melamine you will be supprised how much it weighs, that's why caravan builders use ply in the beginning, I had intended to replace all of my cupboard doors and draw fronts with melamine 14 pieces in all (changing everything to white, don't even ask lol) and my brother is a chipy and alerted me to the extra weight, probably wouldn't matter but it all ads up.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
image.jpg
Not quite a mod to the van but close enough. Ended up getting some dumbo ears, have tried a couple of sets of the clip ons and can't stand the vibration, these are the imitation ones from eBay paid for $485 for them delivered but the quality and packaging seems right up there with the genuine Clearview mirrors.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Finished off the kitchen draws on my last days off and they turned out fairly well for a guys that dislikes working with wood, top 2 are 150mm deep and the bottom one is 213mm deep to suit the taller plastic containers we bought.
ec2c386c25911f51dfa240dc0e826ec8.jpg
363116f730193aaf93768eff9a1ac20d.jpg
Also removed the carpet from inside the door(what a stupid place to put carpet) and used it as a template for some aluminium chequer plate I had laying around. Added a drop down step while I was at it too. 0dd90a2ad386eeefb15a46163d3bc90a.jpg
I've got some grip tape to put in the step as the gloss paint is a little slippery when wet.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Well guys spent a couple of weeks along the coast up north and oh boy was it nice, a week in Kalbarri, a few days in shark bay and a few at Tamala station
image.jpg

So on return had all the usual stuff to do, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
image.jpg

Noticed that the lower outside corners of the barn doors look a little sandblasted (fair bit of gravel/sandy tracks going to Tamala and steep point) so knocked these up this morning.
image.jpeg

They fit to the outside edges of the towbar with a shackle and air clip so the can't work loose.
image.jpeg

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Also the little tikes is cute on the back.. Wonder if we can fit two :)
Yeh mate she handled beautifully, dropped tyres to 25psi. We put my wife's phone in the van to record a video and besides the shelves/trays in the oven nothing really moved or vibrated excessively. I to am planning on going to bigger rims and tyres, think I'm going to a 16" rim and a 265/75/16 just trying to find alloys I like in an appropriate offset is proving painful.

The little car is my younge blokes favourite thing so couldn't leave it home, he had a blast with it, pushing up on rocks and rolling down.

Reactions: G Daddy and davemc

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
mmm 16's I was only thinking 15's.. found a few sets of Jayco ones from swans although missing a few tyres :)
There's lots of tyre options now for 16" rims in regards to size whereas on a 15 you only really get 30/9.5 or 31/10.5 in the bigger sizes, I put the 285/70/17 on it off my patrol and they look mint but the rims are a 0 offset so the tyres hit basically everything.

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
Well guys spent a couple of weeks along the coast up north and oh boy was it nice, a week in Kalbarri, a few days in shark bay and a few at Tamala station

A great pic on the beach

he little car is my younge blokes favourite thing so couldn't leave it home, he had a blast with it, pushing up on rocks and rolling down.

You have have to pimp his ride with some offroad suspension and tyres :):)

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Been a little while but not a lot has changed, been using ever opportunity when not at work to get out and use the van but here's a couple of little changes/mods today, after camping over Christmas we had some stinking hot days/nights we added a few fans, there was no way I was parting with $100 each for 12v ones when you can buy the 240v version for $10 but my wife comes home from shopping the other day with 4 of these
image.jpeg

They're usb powered and we're going out for $2 down from $25 ( mustn't have been able to sell them) and surprisingly move a reasonable volume of air.
So a couple of jaycar sub outlets at the feet of the bed and we're away
image.jpeg

Also moved the shelf slightly in the small cupboard besides the oven to make room for the coffee machine and milk frother as having it on the bench was a pain in the ass, also added another inverter outlet in the cupboard for it
image.jpeg