Shane and Alesha's new 22.68.1

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Oh and I forgot to mention I also extended the cable from the inverter switch up to the cupboard with the rest of the controls.
image.jpg

Saves lifting the sofa to turn on and off, plus a nice red light to remind you it's on.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Got rid of the huge amount of hanging space and put some white shelves in the front wardrobes (each side of our bed), both were hanging with only one small drawer for undies/socks, how much hanging clothes do you really take camping?
6a8c3b456c46505c04d956bd20513da7.jpg
Oh and naturally I put led strip lighting down the entire height of the wardrobe facing in and on a small micro switch to come on when you open the door. 81d96a12e5832de83154ad43fcd3f6b1.jpg

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Good. Thats the only reason Im still in business. If you ever discover how not to chip melamine, keep it to yourself. If you broadcast it .... Im done for
Oh don't be rude. Oh well next job with this stupid wood stuff is filling the cupboards under the sink with drawers, I've done most of the fun stuff I wanted so the mrs seems to think I should do the practical things now.

Reactions: Smirke

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
lots of nice mods, have you had the van weighed after these mods. i also have many mods, but had to rethink how some were done and redo them with lighter materials as i was near my weight limit before the van was even loaded with luggage.
Nope not yet:D not brave enough.

Gadget I did put a question on your build up, I wonder if you've had a look at it.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Hi Shane, did you have any pics of how you ran the reverse camera down the wall?
Thanks mate will look to do it when we get our van :)

I'll grab some if you like, I drilled a hole from the inside of the kids wardrobe out to behind the plastic coupling the brake light and camera is mounted to, I them ran the cables down the inside of the wardrobe in the plastic p clips already there from all the jayco wiring.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Thanks yes one of our first mods

I must admit it wasn't really on my list of priorities but now I've done it it's brilliant, I don't have towing mirrors at the moment as the couple of sets of tried vibrate to much, I'm going to buy a set of imitation clear views this week.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
lots of nice mods, have you had the van weighed after these mods. i also have many mods, but had to rethink how some were done and redo them with lighter materials as i was near my weight limit before the van was even loaded with luggage.

Well had to take the van in for a couple of minor warranty things last week so thought I'd put it on the weigh bridge out of curiosity. Yes, well, um its heavy, came in at 2.8t 300kg ball weight, this is full water and gas, all bedding, dry food and general stuff you leave in your van.
Now the van has a plated ATM of 2680kg and ball of 186kg. Now I know I've added a few mods but adding them up I can only account for about 100kg, these are solar 43kg , extra battery 40kg, inverter 4kg and cabling. I've spoken to the dealer to see if we can get another compliance plate updated to the axle load capacity of 2900kg.