Shane and Alesha's new 22.68.1

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
If the setec thing is the things with the the fuses in, then it and our battery are on and in the club lounge nearest the fridge. @Bellbirdweb , I'm sure you'll understand where I'm talking about seeing as though we have the same model van. Jayco put them there after they moved the hws and pump into the front boot

@Smirke Yep that's the setec, and ours is in the same spot. There is an empty space under the seat that looks like its screaming out to be filled with a second battery.

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Kept an eye out for you on the Forrest Hwy on the Friday @Shane Norwell .... Must have missed you as I didn't see anyone with a grin from ear to ear heading south ;)

Looks great and some early mods! Our setec and battery are located under the dinette seat also with room to fit a second battery but SHHHH Mrs Dagree might find out :behindsofa:

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
im thinking a 2nd battery would be good. Might have to google how to do it, along with looking at those NAS things. (Another night of not getting my marking done......hmmm)

Reactions: dagree

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Nice van mate. I just picked mine up last week. Haven't done the maiden voyage as yet. Here is my Outback in the shed waiting to go!

Attachments

• IMG_0625[1].JPG
    IMG_0625[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 296

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Picked up a pair of 135ah agm batteries yesterday ready to go in, so the Bosch agm battery that jayco supplied is for sale. So in my next days off I'll install the new batteries as well as the 320w of solar and ctek d250s I've got sitting at home.

Reactions: Smirke

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So the next mod was yo spring the big girl over, because its so long I am worried about dragging it's bum, gained about 80mm of clearance with no difference to the way it tows.
But then the legs were a bit short in some places (including the driveway) so added a piece of 30x30 shs and lynch pins to the legs.
View attachment 30019
View attachment 30020

I have since cleaned and painted them.

Shane
I shove a tape up the alko leg and theres an obstruction about 2 inch in .... what is it and howd you get shs past it

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
I shove a tape up the alko leg and theres an obstruction about 2 inch in .... what is it and howd you get shs past it

I assume what you hit is the threaded rod that would wind the inner section out to extend the legs, the 30x30 I used slides around that, if you know what I mean.

Shane

Reactions: Crusty181

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Got the new batteries in tonight with a little "help" from my 5 year old daughter, they fit beautifully in there with a perfect spot left for the ctek d250s and the projecta 1800w inverter.
image.jpg

It looks close but there is about 50mm of clearance between the terminals and the cross bars.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
:D:D:D
@Shane Norwell youve certainly hit the ground running. Obviously been mentally stocking up on mods. Youve almost rebuilt the van in a month ... and im likely everything your doing

Thanks mate. Yeh we had our last van for about 12 years so we had a very good idea of what we wanted our of this one, that and the fact I can't level anything alone.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
So a little more progress today on the media system, got the hdmi cables run and hdmi splitter in place. Just waiting for the 12v power supply to deliver clean 12v for the nas and router, for this coming weekend we're staying in a park so it'll all be run from their own power pack off 240v
image.jpg

3tb nas hard drive networked back to the house to backup everything, wd Rv live media player and wireless access point to join it all together,
Having the wireless allows me to A: use my iPhone as a remote for the whole show and B: the kids can watch anything on an iPad either in the car while travelling or in their bunks on the very odd occasion.
image.jpg

Also fitted the outside bracket for the telly, just lift the Rv off the bracket inside and hook it into this one.
image.jpg

And finally the hdmi splitter so you don't have to chop and change cables to use the tv inside or out.
image.jpg

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Well got another couple of projects out of the way, first was the victory battery monitor, $195 delivered and works a treat to give you all the info you want.

The shunt
image.jpg

And the display.
image.jpg

Then it was time for the solar, I had a couple of panels from a previous setup and picked up another 200w today.

200w mounted across the rear a pair of 120w down the passenger side and an 80w on the drivers side. Fits perfect around everything, even the stupid location jayco mount the solar prewire box
image.jpg

And the ctek d250s mounted right next to the batteries.
image.jpg

Don't mind the messy wires, all will be tidied up once the wiring is finished. Only the 1000ish w pure sine inverter to go which will be wired in with a changeover switch to power all power points for toaster and microwave.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
520w !!!!! how many batteries ?
I think @Gadgets 21.63.1 has more , i think its him , maybe you guys can power a small nation together ! :)

Hey mate. Yeh I think gadget is around the same. I'm running 270ah of batteries so should have it covered8-)
I hate generators and it bugs me having to constantly worry about running batteries low, with this much solar even on an overcast week we should be more than fine:D

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Couple more mods finished up today.

Put in a night light for the kids, had a couple of blue clearance lights in the shed so I put one up in the top corner of the bathroom so it lights up the kids end of the van without being ridiculously bright.
7488fd016c13a09f6e7d4ae1cde6aa79.jpg

I also finished my stone guard on the front of the van and hung the rubber.
0ae3fcb02666cde86a0279cc380faf8f.jpg

And I received my security cable from gg for the webber, I had one eyelet made big enough for the gas bayonet to fit through so I could tape the cable to the hose and still thread the cable through itself.
cd9301a37f563d2e74136d74097f990b.jpg
a6101feb9f41fe12a8796e21bdc6ad78.jpg