Shane and Alesha's new 22.68.1

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You're really roughing it!

Fans, coffee machines etc. same as ours and we always said it wasn't true camping.

Some good ideas there. We've also found some USB lights which are surprisingly useful.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
You're really roughing it!

Fans, coffee machines etc. same as ours and we always said it wasn't true camping.

Some good ideas there. We've also found some USB lights which are surprisingly useful.

Yeh I know it's unreal isn't. I draw the line at a generator specifically for the aircon though.

But hey whatever gets you and your family out of the house and into the bush is a great thing I say.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Shane we have a 22ft van with a queen island bed, seperate shower and toilet, oven, washing machine. I think I stepped over the line into glamping already :) so have a coffee machine as well those fans look interesting :) We off Monday for 3 weeks with the new annex I know I come back with something new for the van.
Generator wait to we start free camping see what the boss says.
Although not sure I add another battery for the coffee machine might have to go instant :( I drink too much coffee would need too many batteries one extra and a few solar panels not cut it for 15+ cups a day.

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
So a little more progress today on the media system, got the hdmi cables run and hdmi splitter in place. Just waiting for the 12v power supply to deliver clean 12v for the nas and router, for this coming weekend we're staying in a park so it'll all be run from their own power pack off 240v
View attachment 30273
3tb nas hard drive networked back to the house to backup everything, wd Rv live media player and wireless access point to join it all together,
Having the wireless allows me to A: use my iPhone as a remote for the whole show and B: the kids can watch anything on an iPad either in the car while travelling or in their bunks on the very odd occasion. View attachment 30274
Also fitted the outside bracket for the telly, just lift the Rv off the bracket inside and hook it into this one. View attachment 30275

And finally the hdmi splitter so you don't have to chop and change cables to use the tv inside or out. View attachment 30276
Love telly bracket- will be copying that!

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Hello boys and girls, long time no mods8-)

Anyway couple of little mods on my last days off.

Over Easter it absolutely don't be rude down and you always end up with brollies and rain coats everywhere from the spudlets do we fitted a few hooks.
Fold down ones outside
image.jpeg

And they flip up so it only protrudes about 15mm off the side of the van
image.jpeg

And standard ones inside at the foot of the main bed.
image.jpeg

We were finding that the breakaway battery was always flat every time we used the van (which is fairly often do something must be drawing power) so I changed the wiring to charge it off the house batteries instead of the tow vehicle.

Ok now the fun stuff... Got a big trip north coming up later in the year that'll see us on more gravel roads so I've started gravel proofing under the van.

Where jayco put the spaghetti junction under the front corner there was literally a whole cup full of gravel court I'm the tin guard so I've made a small rubber flap and also put some bits of split garden hose to protect the exposed wires from rocks and chafing.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A lot more to be done underneath but I'll get there,
So I started on rough road preping the inside, due to jayco's obsession with rounding out ever screw they put into a piece of timber we've had a few come out on gravel roads so I'm removing every stinking bloody screw and putting liquid nails on them and putting them back, what a mongrel #%^*%}] job:mad2:.

The other thing I've been upto is I had a baintech amp/amp meter from a previous project so I put it in the front boot so I can see the solar input at a glance.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 251

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
nice one .. yes I need to get under and fix it up before September as well :( Not sure how crazy I will get with it all
I just got some screws that I was told are size up and going to do all of them with liquid nails :(
We have 15amp at home now next to the van and I connect it up to house power at least a weekend a month so touch wood no problem with break away yet.. might of jinxed myself he he

Reactions: dagree

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
nice one .. yes I need to get under and fix it up before September as well :( Not sure how crazy I will get with it all
I just got some screws that I was told are size up and going to do all of them with liquid nails :(
We have 15amp at home now next to the van and I connect it up to house power at least a weekend a month so touch wood no problem with break away yet.. might of jinxed myself he he

The problem is the breakaway doesn't charge off 240 (unless you've purchased the adaptor), ours is always plunged in at home.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Went to tea at my parents place last night same as every week and my dad drops an ezyleveler on me for my birthday present.
image.jpeg

The inside unit needs the face facing towards the front of the van no I've put it up on the rcd, my wife wanted it up in the cupboard with the other electronic stuff.
image.jpeg

For those who haven't seen them here's a look.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I love it!

We're having doubts about our bubble level as the van looks level from front to back but bubble doesn't agree. Going with our gut feeling now.

Do bubble levels wear out? Or do they just turn up their toes and tell us to buy something new!

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
I love it!

We're having doubts about our bubble level as the van looks level from front to back but bubble doesn't agree. Going with our gut feeling now.

Do bubble levels wear out? Or do they just turn up their toes and tell us to buy something new!

If it's the one that came with the van? Because to be honest if it is they're total crap. We've used the one jayco supplied for the last 12 months and every time I've had to "rotate it" hope that makes sense, to get it to read semi accurately.

Reactions: davemc

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
So the next mod was yo spring the big girl over, because its so long I am worried about dragging it's bum, gained about 80mm of clearance with no difference to the way it tows.
But then the legs were a bit short in some places (including the driveway) so added a piece of 30x30 shs and lynch pins to the legs.
View attachment 30019
View attachment 30020

I have since cleaned and painted them.

Shane
I like the longer legs - where did you buy the lynch pin from, or do you have other photos of it?
Great idea and one that I would like to copy to avoid the need to carry blocks of wood with me.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
I like the longer legs - where did you buy the lynch pin from, or do you have other photos of it?
Great idea and one that I would like to copy to avoid the need to carry blocks of wood with me.
Sorry for the delay. I just got them from our local bearing supplies mob from memory.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
So it's time for the big girl to go up a bit further in the world, have ordered 15" rims and bfg ko2 tyres for it so the original 14" rims are tyres are up for grabs. 4 have done about 10000km and the spare is brand new, no marks or scuffs so if anyone is interested in a set or maybe one for a second spare let me know. Chasing $150 each for them.

Will up load a photo when the system stops having a don't be rude fit