Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Made a TV mount with multi wall brackets so TV can be moved about depending where we're sitting. I have mounted wall plugs and 12v outlets at each mount to keep leads to a minumen.
IMG_3180.jpg
IMG_3175.jpg
The TV svivel mount simply slides into the wall bracket.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
OK, got abit more done.
I rotated the axles as they are drop axles so gained about three inches there, then added 10" electric brakes to the rear axle(now has brakes on all wheels) and toyota 6 stud drums. Then fitted 15x7(up from 14x6) wheels and 30x9.5-15(up from 185-14) so gained about another three inches there.
IMG_3218.jpg
One new and one old
IMG_3228.jpg
New wheels look just right
IMG_3219.jpg
Also fitted a rear tube to store hoses in.
When I had the axles out to swap over the spring locating plates, I noticed that there were gring marks on the axle where I was welding the plates to so at one stage(from factory?) the axle was set up how I now have it(reversed drop axles).

Reactions: blacky

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
I would love to do an axle flip on mine to gain a bit of ground clearance. Love it!

Well I had thought about it but read abit on the net and it was met with mixed responses, some said the axles were designed as drop axles only and it would weaken them turning them over but I had a mate over the other day looking at it who happens to be an engineer and said it wouldnt matter which way they were so it was an easy height gain and saved a bit of coin too.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Well I had thought about it but read abit on the net and it was met with mixed responses, some said the axles were designed as drop axles only and it would weaken them turning them over but I had a mate over the other day looking at it who happens to be an engineer and said it wouldnt matter which way they were so it was an easy height gain and saved a bit of coin too.
Jayco are going to do mine $440. No problems at all. Just a matter of choosing between extra ground clearance or minimising height for storage, etc.

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Nice and neat outfit Moto mech, like the alluminium checker plate front and side much different to the first photo's.
Enjoy the trip