Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Mail man was good to me today,my solar panels arrived and new corner steadies.
Got a couple of super thin 120W panels from Mandrake on MYSWAG and a Steca PR2020 regulator. These will be mounted on the pop top permantly.
IMG_2995.jpg
IMG_2996.jpg
IMG_3002.jpg
Corner stands
IMG_2998.jpg
Mouned my Treg hitch to the tow bar tounge(and yes, Ill strip it back and paint it)
IMG_2992.jpg

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
IMG_3104.jpg
IMG_3106.jpg
IMG_3115.jpg
IMG_3114.jpg
Fnished all the alloy sheeting today, finally. Used about 700 rivets in total. And just when I thought I was done with it today, I went to wire in my front two clearance lights to find all my other 6 had stopped. Time to do some investigating only to find I had drilled through the main wire that feeds them all. Repaired that, luckily it was easy to get to behind the air cond. vent. Then discovered my front left one still wasnt working so looks like I drilled another wire somewhere. Thats tomorrows job. Along with glueing my solar panels to the pop top.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
That is looking really good. My one fear with drilling into something is drilling into something.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: blacky

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
What a top read Moto M! Good pics too. So are you doing anymore to the inside?
Gees you could travel the country doing mods for people charging by the hour and setting up camp on their property.
Look fwd to seeing more mods on the Discovery.
Cheers Deano

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
What a top read Moto M! Good pics too. So are you doing anymore to the inside?
Gees you could travel the country doing mods for people charging by the hour and setting up camp on their property.
Look fwd to seeing more mods on the Discovery.
Cheers Deano
Inside, all upholstry is getting recovered in a new colour scheme, gotta fit a TV swivel mount, want to replace all cupboard catches and........well that may be all but no doubt Ill think of other stuff.
Hey, I like the idea of travelling doing mods as we go for people........mmmmmmmm

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Ok, well I need 2 x Picnic tables fitted, Drawbar mods for Jerry Can Holder, Sat Dish mount on drawbar. LOL.
Cheers Deano

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Got my slimline solar panels fitted to the Pop top and wire in. (Yes, the roof is yet to be washed)
IMG_3124.jpg
Cut the wheel off my jockey wheel and made up a skid plate.
IMG_3147.jpg
Stripped the draw bar of paint and primed it. Made up a new hand brake lever for my treg coupling and wire wheeled back my gas bottle holders(they we galvenised but someone coated them in silver paint, looked crap)
IMG_3150.jpg
Fitted a drop table to the side of the van, purchased off ebay for $140 new. Im going to get the caravan stripes put on the outside of the table to match it in better.
IMG_3151.jpg
IMG_3149.jpg
And have half the caravan polished, looks great with a good polish.
IMG_3123.jpg
IMG_3122.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looking good Moto. That polish makes a difference and I have not seen those slim line panels before. Are they similar price to normal panels?

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
No, they can be glued flat to any surface but also have a eyelet in each corner.
Fairly new to the market apparently, I purchased them from http://www.mandrakessolar.com.au/thinfilm.html, cost me $1000 inc postage for two 120W panels and STECA Controller. And at only 3.4kgs, nice and light on the pop top roof. And you can just make out in the picture, I also siliconed a strip of aluminium angle across the front to stop wind getting under them.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Where is the wiring? I just had a look at that website and the panels look great and ... err .... ahh .... they have a special on the 100w at the moment $300 down from $400.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
They wernt wired in when I took the picture but have since been. I was initially going to run a wire down the outside of the van but decided that it would get caught/hooked on stuff so drilled a hole in the roof and ran the wire down beside the factory wiring so totally protected and invisable.