Discovery Our Jayco Discovery

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Ive only fitted one fan ATM but have mounted it so there is room for another. I think Ill fit a second fan with a switch between the two so I can have one or two fans running
image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Removed single computer fan today and fitted two 88cfm fans from Jaycar, man they move some air.
Hopefully with these fans and no stale air gaps around rear of fridge it will handle the heat abit better.
I also purchased a full length shade screen that fits to the sail track on the pop top for the side of van which will also help.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpg

Fitted 3 of these, 2 in shower and one over hand basin to keep things easier to use.
Not sure if I like them though, the soap one over sink ' leaks' abit over a few days but see'ing as we'll be living in it soon and using everyday it may not be a problem. Camec brand too

Reactions: bigcol and Rockape

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Ok, so we are on the road currently camp at Lake Cargellico mid NSW, in blistering 39 deg heat, yesterday 37 and day before same. Our new fridge is the biggest heap of crap ive come across, cant keep temps under 12 deg, on 12,240 or gas. Yes its hot but even over night temps not coming down. Im about to bite bullet, tip it out and fit a Engel upright 12/240 compressor fridge. We already run two 120w solar panels, have a battery tray that we can add an extra battery to for 240 ah total. Solar is through a MPPT controller so should be fine. Luckily we have our trusty engel 60lt in back if vehicle to keep drinks and stuff cool in.
Anyone have a 12v compressor fridge? Comments pls

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Ok, so we are on the road currently camp at Lake Cargellico mid NSW, in blistering 39 deg heat, yesterday 37 and day before same. Our new fridge is the biggest heap of crap ive come across, cant keep temps under 12 deg, on 12,240 or gas. Yes its hot but even over night temps not coming down. Im about to bite bullet, tip it out and fit a Engel upright 12/240 compressor fridge. We already run two 120w solar panels, have a battery tray that we can add an extra battery to for 240 ah total. Solar is through a MPPT controller so should be fine. Luckily we have our trusty engel 60lt in back if vehicle to keep drinks and stuff cool in.
Anyone have a 12v compressor fridge? Comments pls

Wow, what a shame. I guess there's no option to return your recently purchased one for a t rated 3way?

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
We have purchased a Evacool upright compressor fridge, rated to 48 deg C and drawing 2.5amps max once to set temp. Was set on engel but it didnt have a freezer box and Evacool had better specs and priced. Christmas job coming up in Miles.
Anyone want a cheap 10 day old dometic fridge

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.png
So, our 12mth trip is done and dusted. Went very quick.
Glad to report that we had minimal dramas with van, fridge was replaced and had to replace our solar panels as they failed in the hot Qld sun.
My wife and I talked about upgrading the van, not so much to a newer van but more room so just yesterday I advertised our Discovery and today, the first guy to look at it took it off our hands. Phone rang hot.
Not to bad, had the van for about 5yrs and sold it for $5000 more than we purchased it for. But it was a way better van now than then.
So, we are now on the look out for a bargain priced Expanda to 'start' again.
Picture is our camps per wikicamps for the year. Ill dig up a map soon