Our 18-57-6

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hmmm..... Thanks for the heads up burnsy. I had suspected our brakes also. Looks like I need to get under the van and have a look.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Thanks for the update. Interesting about the brakes. I'll be checking mine too.
Also interesting about the 'lemon' legislation. Maybe mention it to Jayco and see if that gets them going!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hey Burnsy if you haven't fixed the brake problem yet I would maybe take some pics of the terminals that haven't been fitted correctly and email them to Jayco.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks crmmg, the repairer has finally been given the approval on the 26th of October by Jayco to fix Jayco's stuff up so now they can order parts and book me in! It's a great van and we love it but it will be good to shower in it. We were away last weekend and on Saturday I'd been out fishing, got back around 6, cold and windy and would of loved to shower in the van rather than trek up to the amenities block......soon, it will happen soon! :)
Enjoy your new van mate!

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thanks crmmg, the repairer has finally been given the approval on the 26th of October by Jayco to fix Jayco's stuff up so now they can order parts and book me in! It's a great van and we love it but it will be good to shower in it. We were away last weekend and on Saturday I'd been out fishing, got back around 6, cold and windy and would of loved to shower in the van rather than trek up to the amenities block......soon, it will happen soon! :)
Enjoy your new van mate!

Cheers.

If its any consolation Burnsy, I bet the amenities shower block hot water lasted longer than the shower in the van.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Well 10 weeks after taking delivery of our van it's finally going in next week for the shower repair :cheer2: :bounce: :dance: Looking forward to using the shower, hopefully this time it will be done right :pray2:

The good part is the repairer is just around the corner from my work so i will be dropping in and inspecting, might even take some pics and put up here!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks for your generous offer HM, if for any reason we can't use shower at christmas when we go away for three weeks I'll come and grab it! :D

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi CD, they will have it for about 1 week as it's a 36hr repair, we're trying to get a 2 nighter in on the 8th of December which he is aware of, the parts arrived on Monday.

Hi maccayak, the shower wall linings will be removed as with the toilet then the floor can be taken up, new floor and linings supplied for the job. I bet they will find a screw through one of the shower pipes when they remove the lining which is causing the major leak in the wall (I disconnected these lines). I'll take some pics throughout the repair process and post up.

Cheers.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
I bet your right Burnsy. Jayco seem to use very long screws when they just don't need to. I reckon they try to use a 1 size fits all....

Would be interested in seeing your pics. Our van has had one wall in our shower redone and now has to have the other side done too. :( so i feel some of your pain.

Ants

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey ants and Burnsy, I am a bit confused when you say you have had one or more walls in the shower redone. Isn't the shower a complete unit? How do they do just a wall without replacing the entire shower unit?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Brad, you are correct, the walls are one piece and i assume with a join at one corner? I called the pepairer today to confirm this and he hadn't unpacked it yet but it was in a roll.

Cheers.