Our 18-57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Pick up the new van in the morning, on the up side how many people get to pick up a new van twice in 9 days? :D twice the excitement!

Cheers!

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
HI Burnsy,

I have been watching your excitment to be picking up your new van from Geelong, "as we are waiting for a very similar panda on order due in the next fortnite or so", then the heartbreak to find out that something was so wrong on pick-up. We drove back from Albury today and passed at least 5 Jayco Trucks heading North with different model vans and sizes so i'm sure your's will be one of them.
Hope all goes well this time around and you get to enjoy some of the school holidays in it !

Cheers Glenn

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi guys, another update. Today i picked up our van again and took it back to work and adjusted brakes which didn't seem too bad although the front left seems to get a bit hotter than the rest. I then had it weighed, 2100kg and also got ball weight 280kg, a bit high i thought? Then on to get the blue slip.....all good! When i got home my wife started to clean inside and the shower recess. She called me and said " I think the shower floor is cracked" to which i thought she was having me on as i looked before and seemed ok. When i went in and got down on my hands and knees there is a fine crack right down one side and about a quarter of the way down the other.....can't believe it! I called Geelong and told them and they could't believe it either, they told me to email photos and they will send on to head office and ask what's going on.

I then connected water and straight away could hear the water leaking in the wall and then started to drip underneath like it did last weekend! I asked for Jayco to take photos of repairs and email me and also to connect mains pressure and check for leaks.....do you think they did this, obviously not....how fn hard is it to get somebody to do something? I then pulled off the plate on the wall in the shower which has mixer tap and shower hose coming out of it thinking the problem would be behind there but no leaks there. I then disconnected the Y pieces under the van and connected with some straight joiners which i had spare to work out whether it was shower or hand basin and narrowed it down to the shower, so i have disconnected shower so we can still connect mains to van without a leak. Another concerning factor is that the leak sounds to be right above the 240V mains into the van! Tomorrow i will remove the 240V inlet and see what i can see, maybe i can replace pipe, the only thing i can think of is that maybe somehow a screw has gone through the pipe? You wouldn't think there would be any more joiners in the wall so other than that i'm not sure why. Very frustrating indeed, if Jayco had of done what i asked them to do ( and the dealer told me they did) then there would be no problems!!!!

I know this is a warranty issue, but trying to get it useable for the long weekend!

Cheers.

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
You poor Bugger Burnsy ! What is going on with the QC ? You shouldn't have to find the problem yourself but im sure you are very frustrated by now.

Glenn

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yes it is in a different spot CD. I can't believe it either.... I havn't broken any mirrors or walked under any ladders that I can think of!

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi burnsy
You're bloody cursed. Mate I feel for you, hang in there. Guess who is going to be checking their shower with a fine tooth comb!
Hells bells the tow ball weight of 280kg is a bit steep, was that completely empty? I guess load positioning will help.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
That's a long way off the 165kg my glossy brochure says! Are they assuming water in the tanks or something. I am assuming tanks are in the back.

Mate, both my tanks were empty, one at front and one at back. I knew it was allot heavier on the ball than my 16' was that's why I weighed the ball as well and I did get a shock! A big difference to what the pamphlet says, I will try 25psi in bags and go another link in WDH and see how it sits.

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looking forward to 4 nights away in our new van this weekend, can't use the shower but it's not the end of the world. Have a great long weekend everyone and travel safe!

Cheers.