Our 18-57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Go hard Burnsy. Where are you off to?

Hi mate, we're at bendalong, about 5 1/2 hrs south of Newy or 1 1/2 hrs south of kiama, left home @ 4.45am, nice spot but heaps of mountains, twists and turns to get here. Will go home another way!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Which way did you go???

We ended up going through kangaroo valley, I was in 2nd gear going down the first mountain with 13 hair pin bends, towards the end my brakes were fading and you could smell them....not nice with 2.5T behind you!

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I'd been warned against going that way. We're coming across on Picton Rd and down Mt Ousley. Probably best for you to come back that way (easy trip).

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I know that area quite well Burnsy. Beautiful views through kangaroo valley. But yes you would not be getting out of first gear too much.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey burnsy,
Hows the shakeDown trip going, How are you finding the main bed, have you added any overlays or do you find the new matress ok

Jas

Hey mate, all good so far, put egg shell overlay on and both happy with that, can't feel the join. We're loving the new van and I'm sure you will too!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey burnsy,
Hows the shakeDown trip going, How are you finding the main bed, have you added any overlays or do you find the new matress ok

Jas

Hey mate, all good so far, put egg shell overlay on and both happy with that, can't feel the join. We're loving the new van and I'm sure you will too!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
yep counting the days, the excitement is building, did you get the egg shell from clarkes, everything still folds up ok?

My wife got ours from Clarke rubber (queen bed) but then saw them at the reject shop (one of those cheap shops) just as good and a fraction of price! Havn't tried folding up yet.

Cheers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks mate, let me know how you go folding up, don't think we will wait to find out how good the mattress's are for ourselves, will use yours and others experiences to get ahead of the game and buy an overlay me thinks.

Thx

solterb

Mar 10, 2012
Melbourne
Yea I remember Kangaroo valley it was fun with a Minin that I was driving at the time - that may not be the word with a big car and Van on the back. Very pretty area though and some great views. Have fun. Will see what our Mattresses are like when I pick up tomorrow.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey guys, didn't want to sound all doom and gloom but if you want to know I'm happy to tell and I appreciate your interest. Just before the long weekend I was contacted by the customer relations manager at Jayco HQ and he is now dealing with my case. Basically he apologized and wanted for me to get quotes for repair which I refused as that will cost me time from work unless Jayco wants to pay my hourly rate, I suggested they come to me, after all it should of been fixed in factory, right? I asked this person what happened and why did it come back to me basically the same for which he had no answers for at that stage.

I did find out that the floor was not replaced but repaired in position and gel coated again but obviously not successful. This time he said it will be replaced, shower linings removed, vanity unit out, fix damaged pipe then put together again....at least the external walls don't have to come off as I was first told. So now I am waiting for repairer to come and inspect so they can submit labour cost to Jayco, hopefully this will happen soon and the repair can be done. The bloke from Jayco was keen to get it done this month (October).

On another note today I was trying to find a reason for my brakes not working good enough. I measured volts at plug on the tug and got 11.9 on maximum output and only 9.7 to the brakes, seems to be a fair drop! I also found 1 brake wire had come out of the connector and after a closer inspection none of the brake wires have been crimped in the connector they use which is like a small metal ring inside clear plastic tubing, so the wires were pushed in but they forgot to crimp!! I will do this myself but need to find out why I'm loosing voltage at the van brakes, all the jaycos must be wired the same with same gauge wire I would expect....any ideas?

Cheers.