Our 18-57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all, well I'm happy to report that the ensuite has been approved for replacement and our van is in as i type for all warranty work to be done, the list goes back a bit but i wanted it to be done in one hit. I must say Jayco are great with warranties...even after 2 1/2 years they approve repairs under warranty, I don't think to many others would do that!
I've also added a few extras for them to do, a couple of extra shelves, some new fusion speakers inside and out, and replace shackle pins with greasable ones as she's starting to get a bit squeaky. Once I get it home again I have a few mods here and there to do like the mattress thing but looking forward to Spring and getting out there! :)

Cheers.

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Hi all, well I'm happy to report that the ensuite has been approved for replacement and our van is in as i type for all warranty work to be done, the list goes back a bit but i wanted it to be done in one hit. I must say Jayco are great with warranties...even after 2 1/2 years they approve repairs under warranty, I don't think to many others would do that!
I've also added a few extras for them to do, a couple of extra shelves, some new fusion speakers inside and out, and replace shackle pins with greasable ones as she's starting to get a bit squeaky. Once I get it home again I have a few mods here and there to do like the mattress thing but looking forward to Spring and getting out there! :)

Cheers.
Your house definitely looks bare with no van out the front!

Great news!

Reactions: Burnsy

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi @Burnsy,
Good to hear they are sorting it, we are keeping a bit of an eye on ours, it's just starting to discolour.
Do Jayco have an explanation??

HM
G'day mate,
I didn't ask them, I was just happy that they will replace. It's got to be the UV coming in through the hatch, I intend to cut a square of cardboard or something to block the light coming through when it's at home this time around. Jayco seem to have changed the composition of the walls after they were yellowing so maybe, hopefully they have done the same with vanities.
Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
@Burnsy, how did you go about getting the warranty claim in? Our walls are very yellow now so would be interested to see if I can get them approved as well.
Hi Mate,
Take some pics of your walls and send an email to Glenn Moyle at Jayco, he is the new guy in warranty claims, also include your chassis number with your email. If your not happy with his response keep at it...they will normally give. His email is glenn.moyle@jayco.com.au
Good luck mate and let us know how you go.
Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yer will be keeping a close eye on ours. I had wondered if it was fumes from the toilet cassette chemicals, when it's really hot. We don't leave the cassette open, so would be doing well to get past the seal I guess.
UV makes sense.
UV is the culprit, our external white plastic items are the same, grab handle, speakers, external 240v supply etc.

Reactions: Holden_man

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all, another mod I thought I'd share with you all. I liked the look of the screen doors that Jayco do now so I replaced our aluminium white diamond pattern and fly screen to the stainless steel woven mesh. Total cost of materials was $160 but I love the new look....very happy with the end result! :)

KB iphone5 611.jpg KB iphone5 610.jpg