Our 18-57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi guys, I do have an update and I don't want to sound like I'm whinging, but I'm just telling a story! To cut a long story short, I got a call this morning to say our van is on a truck with others and ready to go. Geelong said everthing is done and all good, that came from factory! It will be available to pick up Monday morning from a holding yard that Jayco Newcastle use and payment required before despatch.....end of story! No photos or anything else I requested which in my way of thinking was not being unreasonable, so basically it was take it or leave it! Dealer told me if I wasn't happy to call head office but would not give me a contact number or name so I could discuss! "She" said maybe I could get them to call you! Ok thanks! 15min later a call from her " I called Jayco and it's going to holding yard and that's it".So hopefully all will be good Monday and this time next week when away for the long weekend it will all be a thing of the past as I sink a few coldies!

I know I had a choice to take or leave at this stage, but I decided to take it as we like the Jayco expandas....just a shame how it went and that I had to deal with such incompetent people who obviously don't give a s##t!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi guys, I do have an update and I don't want to sound like I'm whinging, but I'm just telling a story! To cut a long story short, I got a call this morning to say our van is on a truck with others and ready to go. Geelong said everthing is done and all good, that came from factory! It will be available to pick up Monday morning from a holding yard that Jayco Newcastle use and payment required before despatch.....end of story! No photos or anything else I requested which in my way of thinking was not being unreasonable, so basically it was take it or leave it! Dealer told me if I wasn't happy to call head office but would not give me a contact number or name so I could discuss! "She" said maybe I could get them to call you! Ok thanks! 15min later a call from her " I called Jayco and it's going to holding yard and that's it".So hopefully all will be good Monday and this time next week when away for the long weekend it will all be a thing of the past as I sink a few coldies!

I know I had a choice to take or leave at this stage, but I decided to take it as we like the Jayco expandas....just a shame how it went and that I had to deal with such incompetent people who obviously don't give a s##t!

Cheers.

Ps, special thanks to expanda, stray dingo and brad for your help and offers!

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Burnsy, I'm only a relative new member of the group, but would be confident in saying that no one would think you we're whinging. I wonder if any one a Jayco knows (or to your point cares) the amount of people that are aware of your experience and how it could affect future business for them. I purchased a second hand 2009 model with a view to upgrading to a new unit for a half Aus trip in a year or two. Your experience will now make me think twice and probably look at other brands, where previously my head was set firmly on another Jayco. Fingers crossed they have sorted it all.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi cootay, I really don't think this would happen too often and if it's a Jayco you want then don't let this deter you. We also looked at coromal and Windsor in an expanda version but couldn't go past the Jayco! I should not have to deal with these people again and any warranty issues the local dealers will handle all correspondence with factory. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Cheers.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Hi Burnsy,
I reckon the approach youv'e adopted is the right one and as everyone says "one day we'll laugh about it over a beer".
I've just go mine back after I was dissatisfied with the silicone job they did after repairing the shower wall (it delaminated).They also replaced the basin at the same time as it had "yellowed".
My problems started with the fridge not working and it was replaced.
Then my A/C lost all it's gas so they replaced the botton unit.
Leak at water pump.
Faulty 1 way valve.
Faulty Flick Mixer in shower.
The point I want to make is that each problem has been addressed (even out of warranty) and repaired by my dealer. The quality of the repairs are always superior to the factory finish and therefore eventually you end up with a van that has had all the bugs ironed out and is better than new :clap2:
Once you get the chance, build a good relationship with your local dealer as you will find he will probably "fight the good fight" on your behalf with any future issues.
Good luck!!!

Reactions: Ren77

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Good on ya mate, it's been a pain but she'll be in the driveway soon enough, and I'm sure that will be a pretty good feeling. The trials and tribulations will soon be forgotten.

Enjoy the panda.....

Meanwhile I'll just keep waiting and waiting and waiting..............:frusty:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Here's a few pics!

Picture 709.jpg Picture 710.jpg

Picture 711.jpg Picture 713.jpg leaving her behind :(

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Burnsy,

Looks like you were staying at the Bellarine Big4! It's a really nice spot, fantastic facilities and really friendly and helpful staff. We have stayed there a number of times both camping (tents) and in their cabins. Not surewho likes it more - the kids or the parents!!

Hope when you are reunited with your baby (very soon!) that all is well and this saga becomes a distant memory.

Cheers,

Rohan

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
You got it Rohan, yeah awesome park, plenty to do for the kids and massive sites. I've never seen a park with a dump point on every powered site, very nice spot but you pay for it in peak times!

Cheers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
He could be praying to the Jayco Gods but, I'm with B.P., side is definitely falling off or Maybe the suspension has collapsed on that side, he's holding that side of the van off the ground.

Not sure if this is cheering you up burnsy :smile: or got you curled up in the fetal position... :Cry:

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I thought there might be cop with the gun just out of shot. Too many suspicious characters in flannel shirts knocking off vans in Geelong area to take any chances.
Glad you can smile Burnsy. So should we all. We all had an emotional investment in your handover which shows the quality of this forum and the fact that people are more important than Expandas (well some people, anyway!)

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I thought there might be cop with the gun just out of shot. Too many suspicious characters in flannel shirts knocking off vans in Geelong area to take any chances.
Glad you can smile Burnsy. So should we all. We all had an emotional investment in your handover which shows the quality of this forum and the fact that people are more important than Expandas (well some people, anyway!)

"I didn't do anything officer, honest this is mine!" :)
Your right about this forum Xpandafan, just genuine people on here!

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Love that pic of you hugging your van burnsy. My wife now knows when I talk about taking my first love out for the weekend means we are going away in the van for a short trip.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Burnsy, I've been following this podt for a while.

I'm gald everything has worked out for you.

Let us know about your first outing and how everything went.