Our 18-57-6

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Holy Smokes Mate - Hats off to you for not backing your van into the reception desk at the dealer you bought it from - weeks ago.... Really Glad to see this has finally been sorted for you.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Holy Smokes Mate - Hats off to you for not backing your van into the reception desk at the dealer you bought it from - weeks ago.... Really Glad to see this has finally been sorted for you.

Thanks mate, Geelong is a bit too far for that and it's actually been 3 months! I turned the shower on this arvo...just because I could. :)

Reactions: Ekato

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thanks mate, Geelong is a bit too far for that and it's actually been 3 months! I turned the shower on this arvo...just because I could. :)

Well done Burnsy. Don't take this the wrong way, but next week when I take my first shower in the van on holidays, I will be thinking of you. :wink:

Reactions: Ren77

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hahaha, no worries mate, people tell me that all the time! :D
Have a good one mate.....holiday that is!

Cheers.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Burnsy, you are a model of quiet persistence and positive thinking. I'm really glad it has all turned out well. I too will be thinking of you when next in the van shower...

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Have a great trip Burnsy and its good to hear it all got sorted out even if it took a while.

Once you get in that shower I reckon they might have to enforce water restrictions again once your finished :tongue:

:tea: cruza

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Burnsy, you are a model of quiet persistence and positive thinking. I'm really glad it has all turned out well. I too will be thinking of you when next in the van shower...

Have a great trip Burnsy and its good to hear it all got sorted out even if it took a while.

Once you get in that shower I reckon they might have to enforce water restrictions again once your finished :tongue:

:tea: cruza

Thanks alot guys!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I was doing a few bit and pieces to the 18 yesterday and thought i'd put a small amount of water in the toilet and make sure it still flushed, could you imagine my surprise when it didn't work?....Checked 3A fuse where canister goes and it pulled out with only one leg attatched, so i thought thats it i hope, replaced and still nothing. Checked fuse inside, that was ok too. Now i'm thinking the worst as the repairer cut the wires to remove toilet and joined again with connectors.

So now i'm digging out the black sealer under the floor to find the wires, the connections seemed ok but no 12V on either side. I'm now stressed thinking the toilet will need to come out again to find this problem, i go back inside and check all fuses and one was blown (accessories), i replaced and toilet worked fine.....I should of known to check all fuses and not just the one that was for Pump/Toilet as i noticed with our 16 that Jayco wire to any fuse they like, why bother having a label at all.....anyway all good. So if something doesn't work check ALL fuses!

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
That's why there's no wiring diagrams around. Each van is individually wired according to alignment of planets at the time. Labels are like forum stickers...put them where you like! I'll now think of you each time I go to the....

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
A few little mods on the weekend before we go away....

Plumbed in B.E.S.T filter to flick tap mixer under van
Pole carrier on draw bar
The awning clothes line thing, ordered from RV Towing Solutions
The step mod (thanks to zero)

Picture 791.jpg

Also had trouble trying to get rear water tank to seal where the fitting screws on, on close inspection the join in tank is through the centre of male thread :crazy: last resort black polyurethane around thread (safe for drinking).

Will pack this week for departure on Sunday, providing the world hasn't ended.....and back on 12/1/13.
Thanks for all your supportive comments throughout our ordeal, just looking forward to using our van to full capacity now and some mods next year.
Have a great Xmas/New Year all and safe travels!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
WooHoo!!!
Have fun Burnsy
Hope the fat red bearded guy is good to you this year.

Thanks mate, all the best to you too! Yeah the kids are worried the fat man won't find us this year, 1st Xmas away....will be a heavy load so also taking my ute for the beer! :D

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I'm sure Santa will find your kids, Burnsy. Every family with an 18 is surely on the automatic nice list, and his sleigh has to be an Expanda of sorts doesn't it?

Reactions: Ren77

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all, hope everyone had a nice Xmas! All good here and loving the shower. Only have iPhone away with me so will post up some pics of our camp when I'm back home. I have alot to catch up on, havn't been on here much the last few days!

Cheers.