Interior Gas inside van

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Wow they are so lucky when you look at the damage .
Let's hope they find the reason why it happened quickly and stop it from happening to others .
There seems to be a few similar explosions to the same van on the Internet .

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Holy Sh!& How the hell did your Mum survive that @Holden_man ?
Very Very Lucky..... Hope things are still OK with them!

Seeing the actual pics actually makes it hit home more than reading words.... Hope they buy a lotto ticket and have just as much luck with it as they did with the incident.

Reactions: Holden_man

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Having seen the results of a gas explosion in a Hiace Van I'd agree that they got off very lightly. Hoping your parents recovery quickly, physically and mentally, to wish to continue touring.

Reactions: Holden_man
Feb 21, 2014
Wimmera in Victoria
OMG, We are so sorry to hear of this terrible accident, your parents are very lucky indeed, I do hope they recover after something this bad. And lets hope we don't hear or see another accident like this again. So so lucky.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Thanks @dagree, I've had a crack, so here goes.....
this is the Layout
View attachment 33588

Now heres the photos......Sad to see such a beautiful van in a condition like this, its like a wounded animal....

Hi HM,
I was wondering if you know the details of the explosion by now or is it still under investigation? I would assume when gas is confined to a small space and the pressure only needs a very small spark such as a static to ignite.

Feb 19, 2015
Adelaide
www.erms.com.au
Sitting here at work reading this thread and WOW, just WOW is all I can say, and thanks @Holden_man for sharing this. I am glad your parents came out ok from this incident and good old SA country hospitality has helped out.
Certainly has me looking for some form of monitoring system, as with little fingers, who knows what knobs they may or may not happen to turn, let alone, actual mechanical failures.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
your kidding

by THAT much..............????????

they had King Wally on the radio over here this morning - he said 26-16............

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Mum and dad doing better, starting to get things sorted for the drive home.

No Surprises really, but Indications from the Insurer after reviewing the photos is the van will be written off, official decision by Friday.

Anyone looking for a cheap van with natural Sky lights, open plan living and renovators delight....keep an eye out in Adelaide, will be a bargain :)

After seeing the pics and what your Mum and Dad went through I'd say it would be better for them to have it written off and start from scratch with a new van (Would be my first choice)