Why oh why did I say August delivery?

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Oh soaring, it was from your inital advise we decided to buy new, so i can appricate how long you have waited already. Ours should have been completed yestearday (Wednesay). I am told about 2 weeks for delivery, but we might push that out a few weeks as we still have our camper on the market.

We had a 14 week wait, not in my wildest dreams did i think we would still have the camper. But it has made the wait very easy with something else to stress about. I am sure the 69 days will fly if you are renovating. Then you will be able to enjoy it that much more.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Well, the working bee started today.:)
im on a sloping Eltham block, and have planned to store the van right down the back of the block, next to an old farm shed that has been there since before the area was sub-divided. Mine is the back 1/2 acre of an acre block, so my driveway to the house is about 120m long, and steep, and gravel.........>:(
there is not way I'm going to reverse the van down that every time I come home from a trip away with the van, so I needed to make it so I can drive down forwards, then turn the van around so I can tow forwards back up the hill when taking the van out. Soft I know.:oops: Renovations are in full swing, so excuse the mess.
image.jpg

i have a narrow driveway on the boundary that a car can just fit down, but not a van so needed to widen it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The plan is to drive straight down and turn right in front of the shed, then reverse the van back onto the pad next to the shed.
image.jpgimage.jpg
View back up the newly widened driveway.
image.jpg

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Love your work Soaring. I haven't seen a major Expanda based civil project for a while. Did you get government funding for this or will it be a toll road?

Reactions: Soaring

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Love your work Soaring. I haven't seen a major Expanda based civil project for a while. Did you get government funding for this or will it be a toll road?
Definitely a road toll! And a mate of mine needs somewhere to store his new Starcraft, so maybe some ongoing rental;).
Next up to spread and whack some recycled concrete. The clay gets very slippery, and I don't fancy having to retrieve the van and tug from the neighbours back yard!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Another great project to watch from the comfort of my armchair, Soaring.
Driveways are just a small downside to living in a such a nice spot.
Friend has place with up hill drive with three point turning area in front of car barn. Needs low range 4x4 to get there, but brilliant views. Bonus is she's never plagued by door to door guys trying to get her to change utility company.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Definitely a road toll! And a mate of mine needs somewhere to store his new Starcraft, so maybe some ongoing rental;).
Next up to spread and whack some recycled concrete. The clay gets very slippery, and I don't fancy having to retrieve the van and tug from the neighbours back yard!

Sounds like a good idea. Will you need to build a retaining wall on the house side as well?

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Getting close now. Unfortunately I've had to go O/S for a couple of weeks for work.
I get back on the evening original delivery date, so I gave Jayco a call on Friday to arrange a new the pickup date & time.
Its now Aug 16th, 11:00am.
Its put the timing back by a couple of weeks, which is dissapointing when we were so close, but at least it gives me a little more time to get the parking spot sorted.
I'll have to fix up my signature timer.