Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think if I was a Victorian I would be heading north at least before end of March before the cold come's and Dan lets another lot of internationals in to contaminate....... Cold and Covid seem to go together .................... Dan will probably let the International Uni students in because the Uni's are crying poor and money beats lurgy any day it seems.

Anna has probably seen the overtime bills for the Coppers and Transport fellas manning the gates as well as the cost of dismantling, renting of all the barricades so may hold off closing the gates as long as she can, so get a move on...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
People are going to get jack of these lockdowns caused by govt stupidty, its all coming in from OS and they dont learn from their earlier stuff ups.... A year or so ago I would have thought the Victorian situations would have been in QLD but we dodged it, stuffed if it was good planning just shear arce which Im happy about.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
If you want an interesting read look at ABS website.
  • Of the 35,100 estimated arrival trips, 17,800 were by Australian citizens
  • Of the 49,900 estimated departure trips, 12,100 were by Australian citizens
They say 30k Aussies wanting to come in..35k came in Dec alone only half citizens.
12k left in Dec .. who probably want back in and do news stories how they hard done by.

I assume movie stars, tennis players etc jumping the queue. Kiwi's be the bubble. Although still more then I thought coming in.
Each one of them a potential lock down risk.
No idea why we letting in so many people.

• Wow
Reactions: Drover

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
watch solar quotes @DRW turn over of solar companies is extremely high.
I spent months working things out with mine.. Picked a company that been around 10+ years
Of course they go under 6 months later ha ha although they did a good job. Why I picked them.

you think caravan companies phoenix in Campbellfield each year..
Solar companies are hold my beer :)

Also be careful any trees or shading.. most do it be google/near maps so see nothing.
I had to explain where my shading would be.. I still have a panel they placed too close to corner.. get 60% output compared to others.

Almost 2 years you can see the problem. I run micro inverters on each panel.
so at least it does not bring all the other panels down to the same.

1613114757436.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would like panels on this joint, put 5kw on old place could run bore pump for free, keep spending solar panel money on diesel...... :becky: :becky: :becky:

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I hear what you’re saying I used one of the oldest companies around for the last house, just too damn expensive. There are a couple of electricians up her who do solar and are well known and recommend I have sort of made my mind up I just thought due diligence and went to the mob AB recommends but I’m thinking he should just stick to cricket . At least there are no tres to worry about it’s a brand new baron dusty estate 8-)

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
so, the always wise premier dan and Teflon coated CHO sutton have decided that quarantine is a risky business and want to limit International arrivals only on compassionate grounds. Forgive me, but is this the same dan that defended his action to allow 1,000 sports entertainers and their support to come to Melbourne to play tennis? Is this also the same dan that wanted to allow thousands of International students to come to Melbourne and quarantine in student accommodation?

And tonight, 30,000 spectators are allowed to go to the tennis to be entertained. But, do they have to be home, tucked up in bed by midnight when the stage 4 restrictions come in? I suspect not. But, I feel certain that the coppers will be out on the hunt after midnight looking to find people who are over 5k from home, driving without a mask. Yes, read carefully, you MUST wear a mask unless you are at home or have an exemption.

That also means if the tennis goes past midnight, the sports entertainers playing tennis will be required to wear masks, as will all the spectators.
Strange how dan and sutton have managed to negotiate with this wicked, tricky virus, to have a truce and behave nicely with regard to the Australian Open until midnight, after which it will once again become a wicked, tricky, virus. Clever dan.

take care
Mike

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They are full time idiots, if they get voted in again we should have a permanent ban on Victorians .............................. the bloke is a moron.... I feel for you lot down there I would be spewing @mikerezny .......... Way more stupid than even our Princess ......

Reactions: Disco Duck

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
On a slightly different note, I went to get a second quote on solar for my new home the girl who can talk under water told me we’re safe in Bundaberg because the UV is so strong it kills Coronavirus!!! I just smiled
Can you leave a cardboard open in the backyard, fill it with Bundsburg UV and freight it to Melb ???

Are you sure she said Bundaberg UV, and not Bundaberg RUM ... i can see that killing Covid. To be safe put a bottle in the UV box for me

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
but the tennis goes on :censored:
Thats just a cheap shot. You conveniently forget just how many lives have been saved by tennis over the last 100 years, how many medical miracles, scientific breakthroughs. Im pretty sure a tennis player invented penicillin .... and Google. Without tennis, we'd have nothing. Be thankful .... deuce

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
In a recent report by the Lowry institute, NZ ranked first in its response to the pandemic. Australia was rated eighth. Not bad, except, remember that Australia has a distinct advantage over many many other countries because it is an island and has very few ports of entry.

Now, consider the ranking, if the incompetent pandemic response by Victoria which was responsible for the second wave, was taken out. I feel sure that Australia (excluding Victoria) would have ranked about second, even taking into consideration the botched Ruby Princess episode.

New Zealand has had 25 deaths compared with about 100 (excluding deaths in the second wave in Victoria). Considering the different populations, that is very roughly the same percentage of deaths per capita.

If dictator dan and his cho spent less time beating their gold standard chests and more time learning from the other States and territories and New Zealand, Victorians would be far better off.

I am not surprised by this outbreak, but I am not as worried about it as I was during the second wave. The VicHS is more competent, more experienced, and more agile than a year ago. This was demonstrated by the speed that the outbreaks at Chadstone, Kilmore, and Shepparton, at the tail end of the second wave were controlled.
So I expect that it will be contained. I also suspect that it will not be as big as the last outbreak in NSW which peaked at 201 local cases on 11th January 2021. But NSW contained that outbreak without putting the entire state into lockdown. The current lockdown over the whole of Victoria is a sign that VicHS does not yet have the same degree of confidence as NSW, WA, SA, or Qld. These have all had recent outbreaks and were all contained without resorting to a state-wide lockdown.

The good news is that VicHS is faster at contact tracing and identifying locations. So whilst I have not changed my mind about the idiots at the top, I do believe that the lower ranks have the necessary smarts. So, in the second wave, Victorians suffered to prevail despite the mistakes made by an incompetent government and health department, DHHS. This time, I suspect that Victorians and the VicHS will prevail despite the government and the cho.

Seems like the shelves have already been stripped of toilet paper. Woolworths have no milk.

take care
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Thats just a cheap shot. You conveniently forget just how many lives have been saved by tennis over the last 100 years, how many medical miracles, scientific breakthroughs. Im pretty sure a tennis player invented penicillin .... and Google. Without tennis, we'd have nothing. Be thankful .... deuce
And the huge number of people in lockdown who will benefit from the soothing benefits of being entertained by the global band of wandering sports minstrels.

I wonder what the health of our population would be like if we participated more in sport and other exercise instead of being spectators.
Seems to me similar to being fat and overweight and getting solace by snacking and watching shows on tv about other people losing weight and becoming fit.

take care
Mike

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Perth did a lockdown and QLD on 1 case from the UK version. Straight away.
I assume as we held off as long as we could. Probably as we have a global band of wandering sports minstrels.
Article in one of the papers where Scomo was saying you cannot cancel the Tennis. Look bad internationally.

Personally I close the borders until all who work in hotels get the jab.
Those stuck O/S we can support where they are. Rather than destroying business and families in Australia.
Cannot keep going in and out of lockdown and borders closing and opening.