The Smith's 18-57.6

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Nice work!
I'm impressed that you can get it up there so easily. Looks like a pretty tough landing to me!

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Matt,
Third home brew on the way down now, drunk no not me - he he he

Hi Chartrock,
All tucked in, got a good view of it from the bedroom.

Hey relgate,
Easy as wacked the 'cruiser into Lo4 and bob's your uncle.

Dave

Reactions: 17triton

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hey Bushman,

trying a shoe horn at the moment, the young ones on here might not know what one of them is.;)

Yep your probably right about that. Oh! and it look'n good on the new landing pad. 8-)

I do find it hard to believe that Jayco didn't know about the Break-away monitor, It's been regulation for some time now.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Bushman,

Apparently its been in the ADR's since '95 but not really enforced, according to the auto elec. Coleman and Jayco have been providing the extra wiring since Dec '12 but in NSW it has only become an issue this week, go figure when you consider it all about safety.

Dave

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Very nice Dave, glad you got sorted with the monitor and it didn't stop you bringing her home! Enjoy mate.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hey thanks everybody for your well wishes, this weekend's going to be fun, Jackie's going to be loading it up and I can finally start playing around and doing some stuff that I've been reading about here for so long.

Reactions: Tayla and Xpandafan

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Quick question for you all out there, how do I gain access into the area behind the stereo?, don't forget we've got the 18.57-6 with the radio/cd/dvd player. I want to run a cable from an LED strip I want to mount under the awning down to the switch that's just inside the door to turn the LED strip on and I think gaining access behind the stereo system might be advantageous. Have any of you attempted this, am I heading in the right direction or is there an easier way to do this job.

Thanks

Dave:confused-87:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Dave,
I have the pioneer stereo so not sure if it's in the same place but mine is in the end of top cupboard on the left as you walk in. Easiest way is to remove stereo with the "remover tools" supplied, they are like strips of metal about 100mm long with a bit of a hook on the end from memory. Go through the bits you got with the van and hopefully you will find and the instructions for stereo should show you how.
Cheers.

Reactions: gwadir