aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
sc1.jpg

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Has any one used a sway breaker bar i am having trouble with our 20/63-1 swaying behind our 2013 awd diesel territory when over 90kms was after any thoughts on them and how do they fit we use a wdh and do they work ?

Have you tried not using or increasing the load from the WDH? What about wheel balance/alignment on van?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I would be checking the wheels on the van are all pointing straight as well. Stranger things have happened. Relying on the friction snuber is dangerous. Really need to get it behaving first then use it IMO. Get Jayco involved, they built the thing to be towed if its not towing safley in a legal setup then it's there responsiblity.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

That looks to me like it's supposed to be bolted with U bolts on the outer holes than bolted through the chassis! The problem with bolting through the chassis without spacers inside (which would be impossible there) is the bolts lose torque as the tube relaxes amplified if the snubber applies any force in that direction.

Reactions: macca

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
i got the unit from jayco - dealer - page bros. and they fitted it.
Adam i got gippsland jayco on to it paul is going though research and development at factory he wants answers why these vans are swaying and he is going to get me a new plate with ball weight up grade as well it is good to have after sale service not a lot off that around any more

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
I would be checking the wheels on the van are all pointing straight as well. Stranger things have happened. Relying on the friction snuber is dangerous. Really need to get it behaving first then use it IMO. Get Jayco involved, they built the thing to be towed if its not towing safley in a legal setup then it's there responsiblity.
I have gippsland jayco involved today there are on to research and develoment at jayco as we speak paul from gippsland jayco wants answers as well

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Hey brotys, I've already had my compliance plate changed earlier this year as I had the same complaints as everyone else regarding a ridiculously low max ball loading figure.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Hey brotys, I've already had my compliance plate changed earlier this year as I had the same complaints as everyone else regarding a ridiculously low max ball loading figure.
Yeah it is unreal the low ball weight what did you get yous lifted to ? is yours on or off road ? how does it tow ? what do you tow your with ?

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
I've got a 2013 18.57-9 Outback, towed by a Patrol. In terms of stability it tows really well. Haven't done over 110km/h but everything up to that and it's great. On my compliance plate when I got it it was 218kg. The vans ATM is 2692kg so that is about 8% which I wasn't happy with. Got it increased to 270kg and a new compliance plate issued.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
I've got a 2013 18.57-9 Outback, towed by a Patrol. In terms of stability it tows really well. Haven't done over 110km/h but everything up to that and it's great. On my compliance plate when I got it it was 218kg. The vans ATM is 2692kg so that is about 8% which I wasn't happy with. Got it increased to 270kg and a new compliance plate issued.
thats heaps better what you got on ball after packing ? is your patrol a 3 lt what year ?