Start of Mods

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Ok did a few more lighting Mods on the weekend. Bought a light off eBay and fitted it under the top bunk to light up the bottom bunk, also bought the same sensor light as someone else on here (not sure who) for in the fridge and while in bunnings I found some more sensor lights for the shelves in the wardrobe. All 3 lights turn on together and work off the light in the top of wardrobe and all LED :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Drover

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Hi Chooky, love the fridge light so wondering where you got it and is it just a battery operated light?
Cheers
Hi @BLJM yeh it's just battery operated and also a sensor light that you can turn on to sensor/on/off. And it's just from bunnings in the lighting section with all the sensor lights, they come as a 2 pack for about $16.
image.jpg

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Mrs Chooky did her own modification while Mr Chooky at work lol. Mr Chooky was not impressed :argue: Lol.......
So.......
Since we put shelves in the wardrobe I needed a little more hanging space so I put a clothes rail under the top bunk. I have two 7 year olds, 12 yr old and 16 yr old, so the extra hanging space will be handy. The only negative is that we can not fold the top bunk back with the rail there but since having the van for 12 months we have never needed too anyway. If needed to, can just remove two screws and take down:) Tested it while away over the long weekend, was great, and will be great to hang all their shirts on instead of shoving into cupboard. (only so much can fit in there)
Like many of my ideas, Mr Chooky warms to them eventually :thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Ok, visit to Bunnings then.
Can the 'motion' sensor light take the fridge temp without damage?
The packet suggest no extremes of temp or sensor sensitivity affected.
Trial and error will tell.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Not sure @Marv_mart it will be trial and error, someone else on the forum (not sure who) has the same light and I think they've had no problems but time will tell.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
i have a very small bright led in my fridge, no screws, double sided tape supplied, works a treat no temp issues, on when door opens, off when closed , can see in 'my jayco 'under colin and sue.

Reactions: Chooky

KevO

Aug 12, 2013
Cobar NSW
Yeah i've got the same light in my fridge for a few months now and still going strong. A simple mod but can't go without

Reactions: Chooky

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Got mine yesterday and tested it using home fridge. Works fine. Will definitely use on next trip.
This was the one thing that that annoyed SWMBO, happy now. Fridge light should be standard IMHO

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
This is the sensor light I use in my fridge - attaches by magnet (or you can use double sided tape etc) - works really well and comes on instantly when the fridge door opens :)
fridge light 1.JPG
fridge light.JPG
You can set the sensor light to stay on for 10 secs or 60 secs - I find the 10 sec setting works well for the fridge.

Available in Bunnings from the same section as the sensor lights mentioned above :)

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Bought a sensor light from Bunnings (twin pack) a while ago for about $10 (from memory). Finally put it in before we went away last weekend. Best thing we ever did! Got to agree a simple thing like a light goes a long way so why they don't have these in the fridges is beyond me. Even the Engels have a simple LED now. Makes it so much easier especially when you don't want to turn a light on with the kids asleep.

BJ

Reactions: 17triton and Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Ok so last day at work today so time to spend a couple of days doing a few more mods, I have my LED lights for the range hood, digital volt meter, outside table, Anderson plug to rewire, computer fans for behind the fridge, fridge switch and hopefully my Stonestomper should turn up tomorrow (turned up Thursday but myself and my wife were at work so they took it back to depo) so should be here tomorrow. So busy couple of days ahead.

Reactions: dagree

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Bit of a slow start to the day (bit cold out here this morning) but managed to get a few things done, fitted the digital volt meter, LED bulbs in the range hood and fitted and wired in the fridge fans. Wired them straight to a switch so I can turn them in and off when I want, I'll run them when on dirt roads with the vinyl cover on bottom vent so the fridge can still run, I had this set on my old swan when we did the Cape a couple years ago and it worked a treat, no dust through the bottom vent with cover on and the fans keep the dust out of the top vent.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
Reactions: Dean81 and Janbo