smirke's cruiser

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
If I was ORE I'd be doing my best...... "Hell has no fury like a @Smirke scorned :peep:
Wasn't ORE at all. Although when I do get it, it won't have its tow pro or airbags in it. They were told to give it back....pronto, only to tell me that no one knows about the patrol. lets just say that a certain employee (or 2) couldn't get off their butt and do their job. Now we have no car and no idea when we will have one. Oh well, I'm sure I've got chocolate somewhere and the show Saturday.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg
Out the front of our house
image.jpeg
Easy fit into the garage

Well after a very disappointing day yesterday, we traded cars today.
Still waiting on payout figures and money to transfer, but we swapped.
Unfortunately missing the tow pro and airbags, but rescheduled for next week.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee, a black Cruiser and now a white cruiser and very little bling...................nothing to sling off about......................very cool now go get it dirty and take some pics..............................................not jealous, I drive a Holden.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Gee, a black Cruiser and now a white cruiser and very little bling...................nothing to sling off about......................very cool now go get it dirty and take some pics..............................................not jealous, I drive a Holden.
Couldnt afford the bling after the luxury car tax. It does look better with the lift and big tyres though.The bull bar's diameter is massive. I have to get bigger U bolts for my rod holder. (The car does have an angry birds smelly thing and a fluffy steering wheel cover....couldn't find the dice)
Tomorrow hopefully the Mickey Mouse ears, and next week the tow pro and possibly the 3rd battery and umpteen 12v outlets. Hopefully the car isn't too high for the van but we can already see we will need to lower the ball.

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Standard Onroad Toyota Tow hitch sits level with our Expanda. After a suspension lift and bigger tyres I'd assume your up for another 3 inch drop of your ball height.... Looking at options myself...Hard to find a hitch tongue that doesn't stick a lot further out with that sort of drop.

If you find a good option please let us know.

Reactions: bigcol and Billnjim

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Standard Onroad Toyota Tow hitch sits level with our Expanda. After a suspension lift and bigger tyres I'd assume your up for another 3 inch drop of your ball height.... Looking at options myself...Hard to find a hitch tongue that doesn't stick a lot further out with that sort of drop.

If you find a good option please let us know.
Told them to only wire ours up, as we bought an adjustable hitch when we got the panda, as the BBB had a 2"lift and the same big tyres. Have noticed that this one sits higher, and the new suspension certainly makes it big. Will need to back it up to the panda and check I guess.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Once you get it loaded up with all your stuff it won't be that high.......................you know when your retired and you get new wheels and stuff you just hook up and go.....bliss.........................................thought I would throw that in as you have something really nice there............some of us could be drooling.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Mickey Mouse ears are on!!!!
Very happy with them. The guys from clearviews remembered my trouble with my last lot so gave me a nice discount. Free install as well, so I'm a happy camper (note the problem wasn't with the mirrors but with the install by a company here in Perth who botched it big time!)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Couldn't see a roof rack I liked or roof bars, or a snorkel, etc. so not sure about the big stuff. Still, I'm sure I can find something! Saw a hand held 5W 2 way for $249, so may get that as I don't want any holes drilled in the dash....yet.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hand helds end up being a pain, I have fitted a couple of units with no holes drilled, sikaflex the main unit under the seat, the display bit had double sided tape holding it in a dash cavity same with mic bracket, work utes and still stuck in place 2 yrs later. I actually didn't think they would stay in place that long.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi @Smirke,
We ran a uniden UH7760NB in the Prado, and will install in the Cruiser eventually. It tucked neatly in the dash, with all the control on the hand piece.
I didn't want to drill any holes for the hand piece clip, so my tip, use Silastic. I tape it in place and leave for 24hours to dry. Once dried it never moves. I silastic the clip to a shiny part of the Prado dash.Shiny part because it will be easier to remove down the track. When the time came to sell the Prado, with a bit of effort the clip pulls off, and you can just roll the Silastic off the dash surface with your thumb, you wouldn't have known it was there.

Jas

Last edited: