Relgate got a new BT50 GT

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I did tell you 16.5 deg on the climate control, but insisted on 16 deg. Pretty sure that was the difference.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
OOOHHHH YEAH!!! Thanks for the inspiration @expanda. I'm keen, just need some bash plates and sliders. Both my side steps are slightly bent after yesterdays efforts.

Here is my personal favorite photo from the day of @relgate attemptng to bend his factor steps as well.

View attachment 16518
I think @relgate is enjoying himself....it could be an image of pain......constipation perhaps, but will go with what you are saying and believe this is an image of enjoyment. :)

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Looks like fun, if I we there we surely would have gotten a BT through, hehehe, bummers about those side steps, was there much damage @relgate?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Looks like fun, if I we there we surely would have gotten a BT through, hehehe, bummers about those side steps, was there much damage @relgate?

Yep, Wish you were there Mick

I had a close look at the step this morning and it's not bent at all! Must be becasue it's a GT. Just scratched underneath. I dont think @Moto Moto was so lucky.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
So I'm wondering about getting some driving lights. I like the look of the Narva 225 like @cruza driver has, and they seem pretty cheap. $320 from autoelecau on ebay with full harness and switch.
I've never had driving lights before so I dont know much about it! Any advice? Whats with the blue? I also had a look at the ARB intensity LED. They look pretty cool but I'm scared to get a quote!
Also, is a spot/spread combo the way to go?

I need help spending my money.....
I know you are all good at that!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
@relgate , i have the blue Narva 225's. So needless to say you will be super cool like me if you get them.

Just kidding, in terms of value for money they are hard to go past. I got mine of the same ebay seller.

LED's are all the rage, but i have no experience there, so can't offer a comparison really.

I read a light test somewhere, and the clear 225's came up with better results than the blue. They are also cheaper so may be a better option. i mainly went blue to match the BT ;).

Reactions: relgate

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
@relgate , i have the blue Narva 225's. So needless to say you will be super cool like me if you get them.

Just kidding, in terms of value for money they are hard to go past. I got mine of the same ebay seller.

LED's are all the rage, but i have no experience there, so can't offer a comparison really.
I read a light test somewhere, and the clear 225's came up with better results than the blue. They are also cheaper so may be a better option. i mainly went blue to match the BT ;).

Well, my BT is white, so when in Rome...

Thanks for the feedback @Moto Moto . You ARE super cool!

Reactions: Moto Moto

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I'm guessing yours still get the thumbs up after extensive testing?

Yes mate I'm happy with mine dollar wise and bang for your buck I have been happy. They have stood the tests I have put them through and they have held there adjustment too. I have read some people have experienced them loosing adjustment but mine have been fine after the initial fine tuning.

The blue covers help dull some of the reflectiveness of street signs, although they still do reflect maybe just not as bad??

Yes there is better lights out there but I guess it all comes down to the dreaded budget word.

Narva also do a HID driving light that you are probably aware of.
In a perfect world brighter the better would be awesome but you have to keep in mind if driving for a long time with them on your eyes adjust to the light. Then when you dip them its like no lights at all, although the brighter they are the less eye strain when night driving. Bit of a catch 22 really.......

Don't disregard Lightforce lights too, if you shop around there is some good deals. But they seem to be the choice of the undesirables who help themselves to driving lights >:(

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
This is a GT compared to an XTR sorry @Moto Moto but good work @relgate

296.jpg