Pizza Base Recipes

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi 17triton,

Glad to hear you like the recipes, If you come across any yourself please add them we're always on the look out, you should try the pull aparts as well.

Dave

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
pizza1.jpg

Thanks Dave i will try those pull aparts soon,here`s one from the weekend it was great.

Reactions: skippy

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Hi Dave

i love making my own dough and cooks up perfect on a pizza stone at home and in the webber Q .

This will make enough dough for 2 - 3 pizzas

Ingredients -
  • One cup warm water
  • 2 teaspoons dry yeast any type but i do use a tube that keeps well in the fridge forever the brand is "Lowan" in a red tube we found this at our local Woolies.
  • 1 teaspoon each of sugar and salt
  • 2 Cups of plain flour (As required)
  • Optional 2 tablespoons quality extra virgin olive oil (For dough)
  • Enough oil to coat bowl (Any type)
Directions:
  • Combine water, yeast, sugar, salt and oil (If using oil) then stir until combined and then let stand covered in a warm spot for 10 - 15 mins it should be bubbly and frothy when ready
  • Get 2 cups plain flour but do not add all at once add 1 cup while mixing then slowly add the other cup until it forms a dough but is still sticky/tacky to the touch but not sloppy or wet
  • Coat a bowl in a layer of oil and place dough in and cover in a warm spot and allow to double in size approxiamtely 40 to 60 mins
  • Cut in equal portions 2 - 3 pieces, roll and cook
I have attached a pix of one that was cooked in the Webber on our last holiday - i forgot the rolling pin so stretched it by hand, but is perfect with the rolling pin.

Enjoy.

View attachment 12561

Do you knead the dough in this recipe?

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Do you knead the dough in this recipe?
Yep, you'll have to knead dough for about 15mins, then let it rise, knock it down, divide and roll out, then I place it onto pizza trays and let it rise a second time for good measure. Our kids now refuse to eat shop pizza, any of the big names or the supermarket stuff, they'll only eat the home made. On that note when we are at home we use a Kenwood to do the kneading, only hand knead when we're camping.

Dave

Last edited:

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
P.S. Last weekend we did a topping of Bocconcini cheese then once cooked we added fresh prosciutto and rocket, that went down so fast you had to watch were you put your hands for fear of getting them chewed off, ha ha.

Reactions: mfexpanda

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I thought I would share my pizza base recipe, which I have made heaps of times at home - and will be giving it a go in the Weber for the first time this weekend!

Ingredients:-
1 1/2 cups warm water (375ml)
2 tsp dried yeast (7g sachet)
Pinch of caster sugar
4 cups of plain flour (600g)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing

Method:-
Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl (depending on what flour I have on hand, sometimes I need to add just a little more water at this point if the dough seems too dry).
Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Knead the dough for 10 mins. Place in prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 30 mins or until dough doubles in size.
Once dough has risen, punch down, then cut into 2-3 portions, roll out and you're done!

I make 2 large pizza bases out of this at home, as we like a thicker/deep pan crust (see pic below), but you can easily make 3+ if you like it thinner :)

pizza pic.JPG

It makes a lovely, light and fluffy pizza base at home - I will let you know how it turns out in the Weber after this weekend!

Reactions: mfexpanda

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
I thought I would share my pizza base recipe, which I have made heaps of times at home - and will be giving it a go in the Weber for the first time this weekend!

Ingredients:-
1 1/2 cups warm water (375ml)
2 tsp dried yeast (7g sachet)
Pinch of caster sugar
4 cups of plain flour (600g)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing

Method:-
Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl (depending on what flour I have on hand, sometimes I need to add just a little more water at this point if the dough seems too dry).
Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Knead the dough for 10 mins. Place in prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 30 mins or until dough doubles in size.
Once dough has risen, punch down, then cut into 2-3 portions, roll out and you're done!

I make 2 large pizza bases out of this at home, as we like a thicker/deep pan crust (see pic below), but you can easily make 3+ if you like it thinner :)

View attachment 22711

It makes a lovely, light and fluffy pizza base at home - I will let you know how it turns out in the Weber after this weekend!

Ours is basically the same, do it every last nightshift at work in the " coal sample oven" the only difference is we just add the dry ingredients together mix well then the wet ones. Knead well then Let sit for at least half and hour in a seal container and that's it..... Mmmm pizza nothing like the homemade ones

Jeremy7086

Jun 25, 2014
Ingredients:

375ml (1 1/2 cups) warm water

2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast

Pinch of caster sugar

600g (4 cups) plain flour

1 teaspoon salt

60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, plus extra for brushing

Method:

1. Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.

2. Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.