Pauly & Corrins 17.58.3 OB

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
That's the plan! I think she'll be right . Water ingress is the Worst thing for a van I think.
I'm just glad it came all the way through and not just filled the wall

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
A couple of days Before the last weekend away to the Grampians I picked up our box for the A frame . Giving me just enough time to fit it up before departure. Very happy with how it turned out!! With the box housing on one side a Webber permanently mounted to a 1.5mt bench that slides out on 228kg rated runners(this will always be level so no more wonky table on the side of lakes:D)
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
The other side has shelves that store our picnic table , dinnette converter cushion, step ladder, small side table , ropes and hitch lock.
image.jpeg
On top I have put a twin bike rack.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Giving us a ball weight of around 280kg
image.jpeg
with our van weighing just over 2.55t completely loaded I think it turned out ok!:becky:

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
If i can ask what ball scale is that ??????? Is it expencive
Reich, caravan weight control. Yes a bit exy but Depends on how you look at it. Cheaper than me installing a weighbridge
Found a link somewhere on here a while back . Bought it from sunbuster.com.au

Thought I should mention the box was made in Somerville by Tru Blue custom.image.jpeg

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
image.jpeg Set about changing the little flap under the sink into a skiny draw. Ran outa time so Not totally finished yet but close to.
Pretty happy with how it's turned out.
Made up a Sheetmetal piece to hang the runner off next to the sink
image.jpeg

and used an off cut I had to cap the front , just need to run some caulking around it now.
image.jpeg

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Cheers!!
Yeah was nagging at me. I had sorted most of the bits a month ago....
Glad it's near complete.
Next is push some of the plumbing around in the next cupboard. Haven't quite got a plan for that just going to see how it goes.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Cheers!!
Yeah was nagging at me. I had sorted most of the bits a month ago....
Glad it's near complete.
Next is push some of the plumbing around in the next cupboard. Haven't quite got a plan for that just going to see how it goes.
Yep I've got the drawer runners just haven't had the time yet. I want to remove all the plumbing I can from that cupboard if I can. starting with the mains connection to under the van.

Reactions: Pauly

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
A little bit of progress today.Quickly moved the second battery to under the dinette to make way for another draw under the bunk.
View attachment 42944
Delicately drilled the five holes needed measured a dozen times before attacking. Luckily had the perfect size holesaw.
View attachment 42953
Drawer all made up , very similar to factory as they supplied me with timber(if you can call it that) and components . Only difference is screws and the way they staple so won't be noticeable unless drawer is removed.
View attachment 42954 View attachment 42957
Hole cut, shroud made to house the drawer. Positioned runners . 2nd Battery moved to under dinette (ran out of time to rewire) . View attachment 42958
View attachment 42955
All finished off with ladder moved.View attachment 42956
While at it Removed jayco 12v and Fitted twin narva usb point with 12v socket.
Bloody top job. So neat. Id be to scared to cut and make a mistake.

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
View attachment 44661 Set about changing the little flap under the sink into a skiny draw. Ran outa time so Not totally finished yet but close to.
Pretty happy with how it's turned out.
Made up a Sheetmetal piece to hang the runner off next to the sink
View attachment 44659

and used an off cut I had to cap the front , just need to run some caulking around it now.
View attachment 44660
Now why can't Jayco think of all these great modifications. Just makes sense to utilise the space properly. well done

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Now why can't Jayco think of all these great modifications. Just makes sense to utilise the space properly. well done
Cheers!!
But if they did what would we have to do then? :becky: Oh yeah sit by a river enjoying it!!

Yep I've got the drawer runners just haven't had the time yet. I want to remove all the plumbing I can from that cupboard if I can. starting with the mains connection to under the van.
Can't rush these things:barbershop_quartet_member:
Thoughts for the moment are I'll try run the sink plumbing behind the drawers and just fit a panel covering the two tank fill lines and mains inlet. I can fill both tanks full blast so hoping not to introduce any more bends on them. See how it goes. Should give good use of 2/3 of the cupboard???

Aammyy

Sep 21, 2016
Larpent
What do the USB points do?

A little bit of progress today.Quickly moved the second battery to under the dinette to make way for another draw under the bunk.
View attachment 42944
Delicately drilled the five holes needed measured a dozen times before attacking. Luckily had the perfect size holesaw.
View attachment 42953
Drawer all made up , very similar to factory as they supplied me with timber(if you can call it that) and components . Only difference is screws and the way they staple so won't be noticeable unless drawer is removed.
View attachment 42954 View attachment 42957
Hole cut, shroud made to house the drawer. Positioned runners . 2nd Battery moved to under dinette (ran out of time to rewire) . View attachment 42958
View attachment 42955
All finished off with ladder moved.View attachment 42956
While at it Removed jayco 12v and Fitted twin narva usb point with 12v socket.
do the

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
How much did the DIY draw cost? Did you source materials from Jayco?
Looks great

Thanks !
Yeah got all the pieces from jayco, sorry can't recall how much as it was ordered with other parts. Maybe $100ish?
And
Yep the usb are used for recharging phones , tablets, bike lights ect.....

Reactions: dagree

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Been no tinkering with the van for a while so thought I'd better pull my finger out with cup day just around the corner. I have had a replacement hatch sitting in plain view for a coupla months . Jayco placed two in the wrong locations when manufacturing so nicely supplied me with a 300mm longer one, not a perfect solution but the most realistic option for one , the other nothing can change. At the moment this hatch houses bike bags/helmets , tennis racquets , inflatables, other kids toys and I relocated the jack to here from the tunnel boot. So worked out ok.
image.jpeg
The original hatch was well stuck in and took a lot of cutting , gentle prying to extract it from the hole. A bit of patience and eventually it was freed with not a mark on either.
image.jpeg
All marked up and ready to go,
I was assured by Jayco there was nothing in the wall where I wanted to cut and was able to view the wall plan of our van. But just to be safe pushed a thin rod into the wall to check before breaking out the jigsaw.
image.jpeg
Cut out and test fitted , pumped a liberal amount of sealant on and screwed it in.
image.jpeg
Finally run a bead around the outside edge and ticked that job off the list.

Whilst at it I bought some pvc pipe to house the sullage tube in the rear bar and in a front cross member, the pvc pipes make them easy to slide in and out individually . The sullage tube is now in 4 (approx 2.3m) sections with three rubber joiners .
I had done the same sort of thing on our last van but was able to have two 5m lengths straight up the chassis, couldn't do the same on this one .
image.jpeg
I drilled three large holes in the end caps ( to allow a bit of ventilation / drainage) of the rear bar and used a pin from a pintle hook to secure the cap that gets removed when accessing them.
image.jpeg
I find it's much easier using sullage hose that are straight and just pull out the desired lengths.

Also mounted two Gerry holders to the rear bar which gave me the perfect location for a couple of mounting points to transport our Bimini .
image.jpeg
These will seldomly be used to carry water but will always house the empty gerrys.
Not the maxtrax just put them in and scratched my head for a bit.....
image.jpeg

Thought we'd try out a new shower head that spreads the flow a bit more. Uses a whisker less water but has a much broader spray. Am yet to use it in anger so will hold off on passing judgement for now but looks promising! I will keep the original in the cupboard till I'm sure it's right. Pics don't really do it justice but gives an idea...
Original
image.jpeg
New one
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 291