Pauly & Corrins 17.58.3 OB

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
image.png :bounce:Woot woot woot woot !!!!
Gyday Gyday!
Just a tad excited , we picked up our new Outback Starcraft today.
Have a few things on my list to get stuck into but in no super rush at this stage . I was hopping to have a heap of goodies waiting so I could get cracking straight away but time has been hard to come by .

Options that we selected.

Extended drawbar
Fiberglass walls
Picnic table
Pot draw instead of microwave
Bigger fridge
Roof aircon
Extra annexe light
Drifter control panel
Esc
Second battery
300 watt solar
Winegard ant with sensarpro
Fiama bike rack
3extra draws( 1under bunk & 2 double)
Fusion stereo ext speakers, & tv
Dinette bed converter
Second spare wheel
Increased payload
2 External hatches (under bunk & double )

Quick dodgy pic;)

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Great stuff @Pauly . That is an awesome setup right there mate. Can't wait to see some more pics either. Where is the first trip going to be?

Reactions: Pauly

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Congratulations twin :hug: so great that it is finally here. Your option list is awesome, obviously not your first van. Here's to making some new memories in the Starcraft :clap2:

Reactions: Pauly

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Thanks heaps!!

We couldn't help it and took it for a little roll just for the night to rubicon , Kendall's B. Nice bush campground right on the rubicon river.
image.jpeg
Oh the view, has been rather empty for a few months!
image.jpeg
Warm fire, cold beer and the sound of the river tumbling over rocks , it don't get much better!!!
!image.jpeg
image.jpeg
In the 'welcome to the family ' trip she got a bit muddy so as soon as we got home it was time for a tub.( just for the record , the van not the wife;-)image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
Very happy with the bike rack!
All clean again on the outside , the inside tidy can wait .
image.jpeg image.jpeg
My solution to the awning leg covering the toilet hatch. Ugly but Quick and simple to just swap it to clear then swap straight back.
image.jpeg
The extra draws we ordered image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I'll put another under the bunk but have to move the second battery first.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Don't you just love that view in the Clearviews? :D
Looks like a nice spot and a brilliant fix for the awning leg!!!!! :clap2:
Ooooooo yeah!! I never get over it. Is a beaut spot just have to time your run right as can get busy , the last time we came through it was chockers (was a long weekend)so we kept on motoring all the way up to the aquaduct and spent the night there all alone:)
I like the idea with the extra awning leg clip. Well done mate.
Cheers!
Jayco told me to unclip leg and extend to the ground on an angle to support whilst accessing the hatch, I wasn't the greatest fan of that so fitted that yesterday so now it's a non issue.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Congratulations twin :hug: so great that it is finally here. Your option list is awesome, obviously not your first van. Here's to making some new memories in the Starcraft :clap2:
Thanks a lot ! And right back at ya!
Was good to know there was another on here from the same run.
No not our first van(#4) and won't be the last, Our previous van was fantastic and would have done us for a few more years however we liked this layout and had a few ideas to make this van well suited/user friendly to our needs/wants so I think it will turn out great. I will size up our front box shortly and this will be the kicker for me . Can't wait !
Hope you have a brilliant first trip!!

great idea with that extra awning leg clip

nice looking Van,
Thanks a million, more practical than pretty but I am already blind to it, or is that just blind:topsy_turvy:

Reactions: FiveInAVan

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Love the extra 3 draw options. Mind me asking the extra cost for those? From the factory or completed at the dealership?

The awning leg mod will be on the top of my list to do I think.

Looks great!

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Love the extra 3 draw options. Mind me asking the extra cost for those? From the factory or completed at the dealership?

The awning leg mod will be on the top of my list to do I think.

Looks great!
Cheers !
What additions did you add to yours?
I think around 80each?? Wasn't broken down on our final paperwork but was on miscellaneous extras price sheet when we where deciding . Without these it would change our use of the van completely. Our previous van had easily double the accessible storage , we must just take too much junk!!
Our awning easily pivots from one to the other with no stress , but another in the jayco yard wouldn't even come close. So I'd check it first. Hopefully your awnings in the correct location and ya don't have to bother(our dealers display van clears).
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: davemc and bigcol

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Just a quick little addition of some labels by the missus today is nice!
Super exy and time consuming this one, I kept pressing the wrong buttons:doh:
image.jpeg
All set for the plan of attack to install the gas heater to. Just have to raise a draw, remove some timber shrouds and relocate some bracing in a kitchen carcass. I'm making it sound more involved than it is.
Once the rain stops I'll crawl under and size up my chances of fitting a couple more tanks.
One quirky thing we only have 12v power to the tv outlet when the outside light is on??:der:

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Cheers !
I think around 80each?? Wasn't broken down on our final paperwork but was on miscellaneous extras price sheet when we where deciding . Without these it would change our use of the van completely. Our previous van had easily double the accessible storage , we must just take too much junk!!
Our awning easily pivots from one to the other with no stress , but another in the jayco yard wouldn't even come close. So I'd check it first. Hopefully your awnings in the correct location and ya don't have to bother(our dealers display van clears).
Cheers
Sounds similar to us! Our current expanda has heaps of storage, and hence considering extra draws to make the transition a bit easier.

Our options are fairly simple:
Extended draw bar
Spare wheel to rear
Jerry between gas bottles
Antenna
Larger fridge
Roof aircon
Alloy walls

Im looking forward to modding the rest myself!

Our dealer display van toilet hatch clears the awning too, although it has fibreglass walls...

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Cheers !
Cheers
Just got an email back from our dealer, stating extra draws such as yours would be approx $600 total! Wow! At that rate, I'll be adding it to the DIY mod list.

Reactions: Pauly and bigcol