Our Silverline mods

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
My tyres on the 17 scalloped really bad worn uneven cheap tyres and how olds your van now there out of date maybe too

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wear pattern will tell the story but if you can find a Truck align shop they will usually do vans, of course it depends on the suspension type as some Jayco set ups have very limited adjustment and axles don't line up ......... but after all these years can't be too much out or they would have chewed out in short time.... a mild ATR tread in LT is better than a chunky tread for long life.............. unbalanced tyres can give the bearings and mounts a flogging if the are bad so pays to keep an eye on them ......

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Wear pattern will tell the story but if you can find a Truck align shop they will usually do vans, of course it depends on the suspension type as some Jayco set ups have very limited adjustment and axles don't line up ......... but after all these years can't be too much out or they would have chewed out in short time.... a mild ATR tread in LT is better than a chunky tread for long life.............. unbalanced tyres can give the bearings and mounts a flogging if the are bad so pays to keep an eye on them ......
@Drover the tyres tread was fairly flat across the tyre but the tread varied up and down around the tyre
the van has probably done more than 50,000 K's so time for a new set.
5 new tyres for the van and 5 new for the ute sure adds up $$
it has the first version of Jay-tech suspension best riding van we have ever owned
would like to get all the wheels alignment checked just need to find somewhere

Reactions: Drover

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Early JTech suspension only had tow in out adjustment.plus many came with camber a mile out,not a lot
you can do anout that.as Drover said truck shops are the best bet.Our local aligment guys can not even do vehicles
correctly.!

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Early JTech suspension only had tow in out adjustment.plus many came with camber a mile out,not a lot
you can do anout that.as Drover said truck shops are the best bet.Our local aligment guys can not even do vehicles
correctly.!
thanks @BJM my aim is to find a truck alignment place

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Drover the tyres tread was fairly flat across the tyre but the tread varied up and down around the tyre
the van has probably done more than 50,000 K's so time for a new set.
5 new tyres for the van and 5 new for the ute sure adds up $$
it has the first version of Jay-tech suspension best riding van we have ever owned
would like to get all the wheels alignment checked just need to find somewhere
Did you get new shocks ??

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
thanks @BJM my aim is to find a truck alignment place
Pro-Axle in Campbellfield. They do Trucks, caravans, and all other vehicles. They're meant to be pretty good at what they do.
Or Advantage Caravan Repairs in Campbellfield. They're an authorised Jayco service and repair place. Good reputation and won many industry awards.
I'm calling them tomorrow about servicing my van and I know they do alignments.

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Pro-Axle in Campbellfield. They do Trucks, caravans, and all other vehicles. They're meant to be pretty good at what they do.
Or Advantage Caravan Repairs in Campbellfield. They're an authorised Jayco service and repair place. Good reputation and won many industry awards.
I'm calling them tomorrow about servicing my van and I know they do alignments.
Thanks I’ll give them a ring tomorrow

Reactions: Brente1982

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi
Just got back from getting the van wheels aligned
Ended up going to Big Wheels in north Geelong easy for us approx 2 hr turn around
Needed to get it done as the van has 5 new tyres and don’t want any scrubbing
Really nice people give you a full report on wheel alignment
Also do a full check and report on brakes bearings and all welds and suspension

A place in Bayswater wanted my van for 2 weeks which was never going to happen
And I took the van to Ballarat Jayco about 12 months ago after they assured me they could do it
$150.00 later was told there was nothing wrong my tyre pressure was out ,which is bullshit
All they did was fit my spare
BFB7A47A-8AF2-4072-9DC8-D4EC599FE360.jpeg

Last edited: