Our Silverline mods

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
View attachment 57188 View attachment 57187 Ok spotted these on the jayco site might check them out anyone have them?
Also I want to change my outside power points from white to black as they are going yellow.
I also see that you can get jayco,cms I think, power points with USB but you need to connect 12v to them for the USB to work.
Those lower boxes on the silverline are really expensive if I remember right they were $550 each.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
trying to remember who fitted some........ and they had piccies as well, with the straps and how they were held in place........

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
View attachment 57188 View attachment 57187 Ok spotted these on the jayco site might check them out anyone have them?
Also I want to change my outside power points from white to black as they are going yellow.
I also see that you can get jayco,cms I think, power points with USB but you need to connect 12v to them for the USB to work.
I have fitted 3 off the jayco under van tool boxes to my basestation. Fit well and match the van perfectly.
Had to make up brackets to mount them to the van as jayco told me they do not sell the mounting brackets.
Here are some pics of them and i have done a bit of a write up on installing the in my bastation thread.
20170611_125758.jpg
20170422_113934.jpg
20170422_165300.jpg
Bracket i made
20170421_212436.jpg 20170421_212512.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Since we have been away these fans have hardly been off .
Great investment
Yup. I put two Ultimates in my van, the leaned off brother of your Siroccos. Very impressive, aside from bumping into them occasionally, $hitting myself, and repeatedly thinking Ive sliced myself open; only to discover I squealed like a girl for no reason

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Do these fans oscillate or move from side to side? Interested in similar ones. I need to put one in each bunks + one more around the main bed.
We have the single bed end model of your van. We have the Caframo Ultimate 747 fans, which are sort of stripped down unguarded versions of @mfexpanda's Siroccos. The Ultimates blades are unguarded, and although the rubbery blades have soft leading edges and don't hurt, they give you a bloody fright. I picked the Ultimates because they are more portable (coming with fixed and suction mounts) and I can easily pack them away in the cooler months. We can use the suction mount to sucker it to the side of the van, or drop down table outside on a balmy evening.

Ive mounted one fan under the overhead at our foot end of our front bed, and the other fan in the Crusketts bunk.

Each of our 2 bunks have 240v, 12v and TV outputs along with the TV mount plates. I screwed the bunk fans mount to an appropriately shaped piece of ply so the fan simply slides into into the TV mount in the Crusketts bunk when its needed. The Caframo Ultimates only have 2 speeds, but on high they would near blow a small child out of the bunk. We've used them for a year, and with many hot free camp and not once were either of them run on high, it's just way too much air. The low speed at 150cfm is perfect for us

Our bed end fan is in a position that we can spin it around and face it toward the couch during the day. From our experience, and for whats its worth, oscillation isn't a requirement for us particularly in bed, and more so in the bunks. The benefit of the Caframo marine range are they are very heavy duty, 12v, punch out a lot of air, drawer under half an Amp on high. The Ultimate can move 200cfm of air, the Sirocco 150cfm

Good luck

20171102_105422-resized-1920.jpg 20171102_105511-resized-1920.jpg

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
Thanks for the feedback @Crusty181 ;) I'll put forward your comments to the minister of finance to see if she still prefers an oscillating version:). I think she's a bit worried that the kids might not get enough air circulation with these fans.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thanks for the feedback @Crusty181 ;) I'll put forward your comments to the minister of finance to see if she still prefers an oscillating version:). I think she's a bit worried that the kids might not get enough air circulation with these fans.
The Caframo range of fans are for boats, if ring your local marine supplies hopefully one will have the Caframo range on display. You'll be surprised how how much air they punch out. We don't find it a compromise, or "missing feature", but regardless how much air they move, they don't oscillate.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
having Oscillating V's standing still is something that will annoy some

I dont like air blowing on my face when I sleep, but like the air movement of an oscillating fan
I have a split system in our bedroom that does no get used, as it blows right in your face - directly opposite the bed - only wall it could fit
prefer the fan at the side of the bed,not blowing on our faces

1st world problems.............

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
time for new tyres

the silverline gets 5 new Maxxis Razr LT 245x70x16 AT fitted tomorrow
the Jayco fitted tyres have been good but time to replace
i still can't believe Jayco doesn't Balance the wheels mine are worn out of round

Reactions: Drover and davemc