Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Finished a heap of mods, twin battery isolators, rear wiring, van camera wiring, cargo barrier, fridge slide, custom centre console insert, UHF, upper control arms, diff drop and more. Will post up when home. But wanted to get away, spent 6 hours towing the Expanda to Bourke Today from Blaney. Thing is effortless on the road, really enjoyable to tow.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Been away for 7 days and it was a bit frantic getting things done.
I spooled the winch, you can see why the offset tierods are needed. Its not spooled under load yet as I ran out of time. Bloody hell the 9.5 XP is a fast winch.

Winchspooled_zpsa991595b.jpg

Also fitted the breather up nice and high, used some left over diff breather hose that Warren from ARB Penrith gave me.

winchbreather_zpsfaed5961.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Was getting some signs of tyre wear at 2k. After a lift the 200 struggles to get Camber back without compromising Caster The Wheel alignment was within Spec and the suspension had settled, but the steering felt light and it tended to wander a little. I was pretty sure after the winch dropped the front a little I could have pulled more caster but as I had already purchased the Total Chaos upper control arms when in the states, I figured I would give them a try. They have allowed the wheels to come forward a little and got it right back into the middle of specs so I have more room to adjust. the steering is great and the 200 no longer squeals through roundabouts and pushes around.

tyrewear_zps5d7a6e7b.jpg
UCA_zps9c8b596c.jpg
UCAallup_zps306d0d44.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Whilst I had it on the aligning hoist we dropped the diff down using a kit I made up thanks to lcool member Steve aka Ballsbygm . We where rushing so I didn’t get any photos off the work. The kit I made up is below and the second photo is courtesy of Steve and his diff drop, but mine is the same. It takes the pressure of the CVs after the lift, and there has been a few 200’s with broken CVs starting to appear, all with lifts so I was keen to get this on ASAP and before any trips.
diffdropparts_zpsea5f4777.jpg
lcooldiffdrop_zps0ebbc548.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ooooohhhh the dark side is oh so seductive to a die hard Patrol driver like me.....
(thats why I have a 100 series Kakadu at home as well)

looks really nice Jimmy

cheers

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
ooooohhhh the dark side is oh so seductive to a die hard Patrol driver like me.....
(thats why I have a 100 series Kakadu at home as well)

looks really nice Jimmy

cheers

Thanks Col, do come to the dark side we have V8s:peace:

Reactions: bigcol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Very nice Jimmy, any chance of some pics of your electrical setup...?

Thanks Hubble, yeah no worries. I have a fair few I just need to sort them out and will post up when home and have time. (currently in transit Mel to Syd)

Here's a shot of her at Lightening Ridge.

image.jpg

Reactions: Xpandafan

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Mate just be happy you have a cruza. If I couldn't of had a VX I would still of been stoked with a GXL or GX.

Reactions: jdonly1

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Cracka how you going ?

I wouldnt insult anybodies intellgence by saying you don't know it's there. It's noticeable but the cruisers power allows you to pretty much tow as if you didn't have a van attached. I use cruise heaps and when you get to an overtaking lane or oppertunity you put your foot down and you pass. It's a great vehicle , comfortable, powerful and pleasant to drive. Pretty much I can sum it up in that its " magnificent"

Reactions: crackacoldie

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Felt the ashtray area is underutilised on the 200. I wanted the Brake controller a little closer and also to mount some switch for winch and battery controller. I looked at hacking up the panel but at $300 and you have to pull both sides off to access it each time I thought up the idea of a “replacement “ panel.
I approached a very talented wood working mate with my idea of a “custom panel” and he made me a MDF copy that enabled me to mount the P3 closer to me and allow for the UHF and scan gauge, but it is further customable and will get changed. It also very easy to remove without needing to drop the side dash panels.
Its very much a work in progress and I will ultimately vinyl cover it when I have decided what finally goes where.
dash1_zpsd90091cd.jpg
dash2_zps94a5952d.jpg
dash3_zpsaf31573c.jpg
dash4_zps89c58b71.jpg