Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
After a 4 month wait I finally picked up the Cruza on Saturday. I had a Lovell’s GVM upgrade done pre-registration. The 200 is now capable of having a GVM of 3800kg. This consists of Lovell’s Gas shocks and springs, some adjustments are made to the brake portioning valves and an additional compliance plate fitted.

The only other options were tow pack and tint. They supplied the wrong tow hitch (off Road) which I need to change over.

2_zps652e272c.jpg

After picking it up I drove around to Bob Janes for some new rubber, traded the Dunlop’s in on D697’s.
4_zpse931adf3.jpg

5_zps1b54a9aa.jpg

The lift is somewhere around 50 to 60 mm, maybe a bit more. The alignment is within specs but it still has a fraction of + camber and the steering a little “vague” in the middle. The 200’s run out of caster pretty quick with a lift. I will be fitting the Total Chaos Upper Control Arms shortly, which are designed to correct steering geometry with a lift.

I have an ARB deluxe bar and Safari Snorkel on order.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Wow, love it achjimmy, So you have the new Landcruiser trailer sway control, very nice!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks guys, I should clarify. I wanted a MY13, I knew Trailer Sway Control and some other features were being fitted as standard from MY13 The dealer thought that the MY13 builds started in March so we needed to wait. As it turned out the wait worked out okay. As for the Trailer Sway Control (TSC) it's basically an updated Vehicle Stabilty Control (VSC) that takes certain steps should the car sense the same sensations as a trailer swaying. How effective it is I don't know, but it's had a reasonable wrap in the US where it's been fitted for a year or more.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Very nice mate, you can tow whatever you like now! Trading the tyres from new a good idea.....wish I did that. I have a bone to pick with O'neils, my new ATS GO12 has very bad scrubbing on front, had alignment done elsewhere and way out, not to mention they left the lock nuts undone on tie rod ends!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Guys its a VX.

I dont know why the other photos dont host? I have tried to edit and repair the links but the whole site just freezes! not a big fan of the new site, near impossible to use on our slow connection at home (I am away at present).

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Very Nice Mate, we are looking at getting into a VX latter in the year. We would have had one on order now if we did not decide to change up to the Expanda. Have fun with the mods, they are an awesome tow rig.:)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
AJC no you have to use the Lovells package complete to get the GVM upgrade. Also needs to be installed by a Lovells (GVM approved) installer. I didn't have too many concerns re quality as after changing to Lovells (springs) on the Pajero I was very impressed . I had also heard good things about the Lovells gas shocks.

Kritzy

Trust it will tow that van well. We tow a 2012 OB 17-56 Hybrid with our 2013 200 series sahara diesel and we don't know it is there.
Previously towed with the Prado Grande Petrol. 20 l/ 100Km and we're on 12.9l/ 100kms now.
Congrats and happy tugging. :angel:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Fitted a bonnet protector, rear mats and my Tiredog TPMS on Saturday and then took it for a spin to Goulburn. Boy do these things move when you plant it, also the KDSS combined with the lovells give it very good road manners. Wifes finding it easier to drive than the Pajero. Overtaking a breeze, but it really needs to sound more like a V8 ;) . The Safari snorkel is in and the Deluxe bar due this week. Soon as iam over this next busy step it will be "mod" time.

Reactions: Delano

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Yeh it always gets me how they make the V8's sounds so quiet, first thing most people want to do is make them sound like they are supposed to.