New ute

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It's all academic to me. I couldn't afford to buy my old 8 yr old Colorado back and the Jeeperific is going to have to last a lot more years till I have to travel a ride on to the Club............... Yep spend your kids inheritance, the saying goes except a lot of working people are spending it before they retire then find they can't retire having wasted it on overpriced boats and cars.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I love Holden
More importantly, Holden loves you back.

Did you read that GM are now doing the insultingly undervalued "trade-in" reach around on all the Holden Dealers compo packages ... the dealers all went running to Canberra crying like school girls. For some reason getting screwed over by a car company isnt as much fun copping it, as it is dishing it out

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
More importantly, Holden loves you back.

Did you read that GM are now doing the insultingly undervalued "trade-in" reach around on all the Holden Dealers compo packages ... the dealers all went running to Canberra crying like school girls. For some reason getting screwed over by a car company isnt as much fun copping it, as it is dishing it out

Yes but that would be all car dealers of all makes if they lost their franchises.
As long as my local place is here to service and repair for the next ten years I’m ok .
Went to Lakes Entrance then Phillip Island last week and I must say the ute tows the enterprise easily and nicely.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
not like you need a new one for a long long time.
By then be only electric cars with range of like 100k towing so you go no where.
I dread the day we only have electric cars .
One guy on the radio rang in and told how he paid $72k for one only to get to some country town that had 1 charger but it takes 45min to charge and there were 4 others before him .
Got don't be rude off and tried to sell it to the dealer he bought it from but was told they don’t want it and finally sold it for $35k I think .

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
transport-electric_car-extension_cord-electrical_car-automobile-auto_mobile-rcln208_low.jpg

Although I would get one for our second car if they where cheaper.
Looked at PHEV a few times.. Only do 8k a year in the mini mostly short drives. So could do Electric.. Although yeah $72k buys a lot of fuel
Local Woolies has 14+ electric car spots. Top up when I do shopping 2-3 times a week

There a few cheap Leaf for sale.. battery someone quoted to change over $33k.. follow up was it was a mistake trade in your old one and over $10k..
So every 10 years $10k+

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Electric cars powered by cole nice thats thinking green all the greenies go back to there houses powered by cole charge there phones for there social get togeathers powered by cole
Whats next cole powered trucks i think not are we going back to steam trains powered by cole or trees to haul all the cole we dig up and send overseas for them to burn if we dont use it the hole thing is truly stuffed we are now building a gas inporting area in qld i think cause we export to much are we serious absalute joke
Its time for nukular power so we can use our uranium to power it voat one Bluey for a straight forward no bullllshite strong leader and tell all the hangers on to piiiiisss off LOL ok im on the train brings out the best in me at this hr rant over for now stay tuned for tomoz im just starting wait for my thoughts on toliet paper and pasta

Reactions: Johnanbev and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I dread the day we only have electric cars .
One guy on the radio rang in and told how he paid $72k for one only to get to some country town that had 1 charger but it takes 45min to charge and there were 4 others before him.
Got don't be rude off and tried to sell it to the dealer he bought it from but was told they don’t want it and finally sold it for $35k I think .
I suspect the true EV 'story' is much like the Climate Change 'story', we dont get the full story from either side, we get the only the details they want us to have. We're all just dumb pawns being force-fed half the story in the quest for the corporate world to once again screw us. It's unfortunately (and transparently) much much more about someone's profit margin than it is about the environment and the impending doom. I'd much rather drive the fume spewing Troopy to Planet Earths "going out of business sale" ..... at least Ill get there and won't miss it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They built alarge solar farm here in rural QLd and like country Victoria the grid can't handle the load so it doesn't work to full capability will take many, many years before they get around to upgrading the grid, have to spend millions on stupid Olympic Games BS before infrastructure so won't be seeing these Scalextrix cars out here much.

Reactions: Johnanbev and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
They built alarge solar farm here in rural QLd and like country Victoria the grid can't handle the load so it doesn't work to full capability will take many, many years before they get around to upgrading the grid, have to spend millions on stupid Olympic Games BS before infrastructure so won't be seeing these Scalextrix cars out here much.
Timely reminder @Drover. Id forgotten about that extensive EV research conducted over many many years by Scalextrix (The foremost authority on EV's). If I recall correctly they never did quite sort out those issues where the EVs kept flipping off the test track in that tight corner under the coffee table, at the stereo end next to the magazine rack. And there was that hush hush ongoing industry issue where the factory brushes would need to be replaced, the shops were shut and all we had was a Jex pad.