My God.... jeeze thats silly

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
But that was a dealer as a trade-in wasn't it? What did it actually get resold for?
I've never traded in a vehicle cos the dealers need to be able to make a profit too.
We wouldn't resell it due to the fact there is a lot of money tied up in one car. We are better off having 5 X Trails or Qashqais from the nissan auction. Yes this is the trade in value, but i was mainly pointing out the loss difference comparing apples to apples.
One the question regarding what we would put the car online for. On a car like that add about 6-7 grand and have room to move on price. A cheaper car would be around 2-3 grand. There isn't as much in car selling as so called experts think.

Reactions: bigcol and Delano

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Are you able to point to any definitive information on that, or is it just unpublished "reliable sources"?

@Doc - the Titan is the dual cab variant of the Armada - and it already has the Cummins in it

the diesel Armada will be up against the Dodge Durango diesel........ - same market as the GMC & Trail Blazer

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
@Doc - the Titan is the dual cab variant of the Armada - and it already has the Cummins in it

the diesel Armada will be up against the Dodge Durango diesel........ - same market as the GMC & Trail Blazer

That is correct up to the end of the 2016 model-year. The Armada WAS the pickup version of the Triton.

For the 2017 model-year onwards however, the Armada is a Y62 and has no chassis-relationship to the Triton.

These unsubstantiated rumours keep popping up from time to time that the Y62 chassis will be getting a diesel powerplant - but no one is able to point to any supporting information from reputable industry sources - only the occasional rumour from unverifiable sources.

(edit: with regard to the rumour of a 4,000kg tow rating, the 2017 Armada (Y62) will have an 8500lb tow rating (or 3863kg for us metric folk) - already verifiable and published in multiple industry sources - including Nissan's own publications)

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree and bigcol

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Are you able to point to any definitive information on that, or is it just unpublished "reliable sources"?
Nissan have already come out and said we will not be getting it. The US Y62 is obviously LHD. They won't change it to suit us for a small market. Same reason there isn't a diesel R52. It is a US based vehicle. Our market is small and they can't justify the development costs for a million car a year market.

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
Nissan have already come out and said we will not be getting it. The US Y62 is obviously LHD. They won't change it to suit us for a small market. Same reason there isn't a diesel R52. It is a US based vehicle. Our market is small and they can't justify the development costs for a million car a year market.

By your logic, we wouldn't get Y62 at all. Australia is the only RHD market for this vehicle that I have been able to identify - they don't even sell it in Japan.

So where have Nissan said there will be ANY diesel Patrol Y62 (or variant)? Again - all I'm asking for is something verifiable. Instead of posting unverifiable rumour which doesn't actually help anyone...

(Nissan don't produce an R52 with a diesel engine for ANY market, so using that as an example is kinda pointless isn't it?)

Last edited:

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
By your logic, we wouldn't get Y62 at all. Australia is the only RHD market for this vehicle that I have been able to identify - they don't even sell it in Japan.

So where have Nissan said there will be ANY diesel Patrol Y62 (or variant)? Again - all I'm asking for is something verifiable. Instead of posting unverifiable rumour which doesn't actually help anyone...

(Nissan don't produce an R52 with a diesel engine for ANY market, so using that as an example is kinda pointless isn't it?)
We got the Y62 because of a number of reasons, one been the V8 Supercars. They needed a production engine to compete. The Patrol has that. Also the Y61 was always going to die due to ADR's emissions etc, so they Y62 would keep the Patrol nameplate alive.
Re R52, the market for diesel soft roaders is small either way, so again, diesel in the R52 was never going to happen. Just look at the top sellers in the medium/large SUV segment all petrol, CX9, Kluger etc.
Re Nissan saying no to a diesel.
See link https://www.4x4australia.com.au/news/1604/y62-nissan-patrol-sales-soar

Im not talking out my ass, i work for Nissan, so we get told whats happening and not happening.

Reactions: dagree and Dobbie

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
@stuartcarr2002 I'm honestly not interested in - nor will respond to - superfluous comment about racing series homologation.

Let's get back to the crux shall we?

YOU have said that Nissan USA will introduce a diesel engine powered Armada - please provide evidence to backup your claims.

It is widely accepted that Nissan Australia are NOT bringing a diesel engine powered Y62 into Australia. I don't know of anyone who is arguing that point - me included.

Last edited:

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Hypothetically.....If Nissan was to introduce a diesel in 2019.....What would happen to sales of the Y62 for the next 2 years? Even if they were it would be top secret...

Have you heard about them introducing a back seat drive? If you turn around in a Left Hand Drive front seat and drive backwards everywhere you have a Right Hand Drive..... Cheaper than redesigning the car even if it is a little uncomfortable.:)