18' Series Made decision to buy an Expanda!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looking at your pic @Bellbirdweb , that cover looks very tidy, noticed the length of your copper pig tails for your gas bottles and they look like a fair old stretch for copper lines, is that a common set up on that model rig, I would think they would be susceptible to fractures after a time or is it just the photo angle ?????? I just replaced my copper lines with flexi ones as they kept chewing the O rings.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
noticed the length of your copper pig tails for your gas bottles and they look like a fair old stretch for copper lines, is that a common set up on that model rig, I would think they would be susceptible to fractures after a time or is it just the photo angle ?????? I just replaced my copper lines with flexi ones as they kept chewing the O rings.

That's how it came out of the factory @Drover.

I never really thought about it, but no issues so far.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Might be handy to have a flexi line in the spares box, they are only about $9, because if a copper line fractures it will be at the most opportune time and place ,Sunday morning at Menindee Lakes for eg:

Isn't that enough to strike fear..!!!!!!:)
- Yes that is a reason for some concern.

I'll have a look at the flexible lines and might swap them out

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mind you the orange flexi lines do have a life of about 5 years as they can perish inside, the braided versions are longer lasting and also dearer.

Reactions: bigcol