Lara's 16.49-1 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice one Lara.
A long time ago I used to work in the curtaining industry where I has involved in the production of pelmets. We used to use staples en mass because it was a good way to stretch the fabric evenly across the face of the pelmet. It ensured the fabric had a nice even look across the pelmet and seams always ran straight.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Nice one Lara.
A long time ago I used to work in the curtaining industry where I has involved in the production of pelmets. We used to use staples en mass because it was a good way to stretch the fabric evenly across the face of the pelmet. It ensured the fabric had a nice even look across the pelmet and seams always ran straight.

I'll be using plenty of staples too, It was more that I think Jayco's staple gun needs some maintenance or servicing of some sort. It's like their gun fires 3 joined staples in one fire, instead off a single staple. If that makes sense!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
16-49-1-inside1-jpg.jpg
So any thought on a layout alteration while your going Lara? How is it all coming along?

Reactions: Johnstons and Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I love your altered layout 17triton, still think you should get a job with Jayco's design team and show them how it should be done!

I remember reading your thread and being very tempted to do the same. It's the best of both worlds, club lounge and dinette combined. My layout will remain for now! I'm having enough trouble with the upholstery.......

I think I have a love hate relationship with this new upholstery project and the dreaded sewing machine. Over the weekend had many "WTF I've bitten off more than I can chew" moments! Am swinging from wow I can do this to crap this is tough!
I am about to finish covering the first of 3 backrests. It will be worth it in the end, and I'm loving the green fabric!
But being new to this, it's taking a while. At this rate I should be finished by mid 2015! :confused-87:

image.jpg

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thats looking very neat the best bit it should only get easier too! Keep chewin it will be well worth it next time you go away when you kick back and look at what you created!

Reactions: Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Thats looking very neat the best bit it should only get easier too! Keep chewin it will be well worth it next time you go away when you kick back and look at what you created!

Thanks 17triton, fingers crossed it does get easier, that's what I keep telling myself!

Reactions: 17triton

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I thought you said you couldn't sew.....looks very professional so far!

Thanks Burnsy! And seriously I can't sew, this is a huge learning curve for me! Friday night was trying to say the least. Wasted a whole thing of thread just trying to figure out the tension...... Meanwhile Andrew was laying on the lounge watching Friday night footy and would periodically call out "YouTube it" Was very funny to him.......

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks Burnsy! And seriously I can't sew, this is a huge learning curve for me! Friday night was trying to say the least. Wasted a whole thing of thread just trying to figure out the tension...... Meanwhile Andrew was laying on the lounge watching Friday night footy and would periodically call out "YouTube it" Was very funny to him.......
Mrs XF is a bit of a sewing expert and has given you the thumbs up.:encouragement:
She says at least your Andrew was doing SOMETHING...not just dozing off!

Reactions: pace9908 and Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Mrs XF is a bit of a sewing expert and has given you the thumbs up.:encouragement:
She says at least your Andrew was doing SOMETHING...not just dozing off!

Wish you guys were Sydneysiders, I sure could use Mrs XF's expertise and knowledge With this one!
Oh and Andrew dozed off right after the footy........

Reactions: Xpandafan

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Looking good Lara! Like you, I'm not keen on the browns. Your green colour should make a big difference!

Thanks Tayla,
The green fabric is going to look so good once finished, but the finish line is looking a long way away at the moment. I ummed and aahed over several fabric samples, all green but varying shades, this one is perfect, not too dark and not too light.

Reactions: Johnstons and Tayla