Just purchased expander 21.64.1

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
very simular to the 20.63.1, just a foot longer and extra fold out at the end. also double folding bunks instead of the fixed.
so, i have to remove all my mods from my old van and refit them to the new.
the factory extras were:
extra air con,
draws under the front bed,
cardboards under the rear bed,
larger fridge,
2 zone internal speakers, front and rear,
extra power points,
extra lights,
both tables in the same bench top finnish,
extra outside 240 volt points,
extended draw bar,
washing machine,
shelf above the larger fridge instead of blank wall,
extra leaf in suspension so the it can carry a payload of 650 instead of 475kg,
solar panel provision for my light weight panels,
full annex,
outside speakers, down low, so that it takes up no cardboard space up the top,
all extra power points to inverter,
dropdown legs like the outback,
bbq gas fittings at rear of van,
large rear bumber bar, instead of small painted one,
drifter control panel,
lion battery upgrade,
may add another 100 ah lion battery if required,
external table

my add ons will be,

gsm full modem,
2 x 8 port network switches,
foxtel iq for the front,
foxtel sd for the rear,
foxtel sd for outside,
2 x 2 tb network hard drives for movies and audio,
network points throughout the van for laptops,
32" led tv front inside
32" led tv outside,
remote extender built into tv outside,
rear 15" lcd tv,
rear 17" tv for xbox in rear,
wd live media player for tv's (4)
2 led lights on service side,
extra led light at front awning side,
modified main led light outside,
led strip on awning arm at rear for cooking under,
box on front drawbar with 65 ltr seperate fridge and freezer on slideout, gass bottles in the middle and storage on the other side,
extra access panel on rear services side,
epson printer and scanner,
250 watt 5kg total solar panels on roof,
120 watt portable solar panels on 20 meter lead,
solar computer system,
3 x fusion marine ms-ra50 units, 1 of them with iphone dock,
3 sets fusion speakers and 1 subwoofer,
4.3 kva remote start generator,
30 meters of hose with 12 volt high pressure pump for river water directly into the van. not the tanks(free camping)
chainsaw,
bike racks on the front alloy box - holds 4 bikes,
sat dish on front,
1 duel burner bbq, burners only for pots,
1 dual burner bbq with hotplate only,
car is waiting for the new roof top tent and wing type awning and tent to suit the awning,
the roof top tent is full queen size, and fully motorized. push a button and it folds out and sets itself up and again to pack it up,
fuel can holders on the rear, x 2
adjustable height suspension on van, can raise and lower it by 8 inches, also great for self leveling,
wire the drifter control panel into the toilet, so that it shows when the waste is full on the display.

roof top tent, so that we can leave the van at a park and go extreme off road.

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
www.bifolds.co
weight wise, really if spending more money on the items. example of the tv units weights 700 grams. and its 14" wide screen. battery just a tag under 10 kg. solar around 4 kg for 250 watts. take out the front plastic liner from under the front bed area. saves over 10 kg. bbq's are very light weight around 1.5 for 1 unit and 3 for the other. the generator/chainsaw/external pumping system is only carried when free camping trips only are being done.

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
www.bifolds.co
here is a picture of the lcd screen, it runs from usb, so it is powered from the wd live media player, it has hdmi input. and weights 700 grams including swivel wall mount. its all about choosing the correct items to save weight. this expander also does not have a seperate water flushing tank like my 18-56-9 van, so saving another 25 kg in water then the tank weight again. i also will be changing the hot water service out for the instant type saving over 30 kg total weight again.

Attachments

• lcd1.jpg
    lcd1.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 289
  • lcd2.jpg
    lcd2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
One thing to think about with the instant hws units in a van is they waste more water, no worries in parks but on tank water if water supply is an issue then its something to consider. I love instant HWS, have a couple at home even. The other thing to consider is with a caravan instant hws in conjunction with the tempering valve, my opinion would be that you will may suffer temperature fluctuations in the shower. Biggest problem with instant hws on low flow shower heads.

But with a van that size you could put in a Rinnai Infinity with wireless water temperature controllers :)

Reactions: Thirstyviv

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Delay in water getting to desired temperature (cold to hot, it takes time). Unit requires water to flow thru the water heater to begin the heating process (ie: tell pcb to ignite gas). The water pipe wrapping around the heat exchanger is also full of cold water. All this water has to be removed until the hotter water comes thru. If you are pumping water from a river then its not a problem, MAY only be a problem if you are going somewhere for a few days with a limit of 240L. Upside is continuous hot water.

Also people do use more water with continuous flow units. If in a park you still have to pay to heat water where as with a tank you can go to 240V and use their power.

With a tank system, the water is hot already and you actually get a bit of temperature loss into hot pipes which means when you turn the tap on you will get hot water at the point of use a lot quicker, but downside is you can run out of hot water.

I am planning to go with the Girard water heater, For me I will not be doing travel where I rely on tank water so I am not fussed. Both styles of water heating have for and against points so it is down to personal choice.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Nice van, but something tells me that van will come in closer to an ATM of 3T. Something a Prado can't legally tow.
Also, the rumoured 7 seat Jeep, the Grand Wagoneer, "may" be sold here, but don't count on seeing it until 2016, if at all.