Hurst Family - 2014 Expanda 20.63-1 OB

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
We made it to Cotton Tree! Was a bit of drama at first as the site they allocated had a tent set up on it?? But it worked out well in the end as we just drove around and found a much better one with nobody around us :)

image.jpeg

Very windy tonight - hopefully it dies down for good beach weather tomorrow!

Also met @jacbaz - thanks for popping over to say hi! Love being an expandas downunder member - feels like one big extended family :)

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
What a great van, I want that one would be prefect for our family.

Such a beautiful looking van.

Enjoy Hurst family, safe travels.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Well we got lucky with the weather in the end - it came good around lunchtime yesterday, so the kids got a chance to have a go at body-boarding in the ocean for the first time. They absolutely loved it!!

It was great to be back in the van again - and we found it an easy drive for a quick weekend getaway, so will definitely go again. Cotton Tree was quite nice - would be better if they had more facilities for kids eg. a playground or a pool, but I realise that people go there for the easy beach / river access so all good :)

Might try somewhere else next time, to get a feel for all the options - does anyone have any feedback on the Big4 Forest Glen? Also thinking about Dicky Beach Holiday Park.

Reactions: Smirke

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Took the van in to B&B Caravan Repairs last week to get some warranty issues sorted. We were panicking about driving there on a Monday morning in peak hour traffic, but as it turns out it was quite easy to get to, so we weren't too stressed on arrival lol

They fixed the water pump, so it now turns off when it's supposed to!
Fixed a couple of locks on drawers so they stay closed when in transit
Fixed the "stiff" middle skylight, so it now opens and closes easily

We discovered a crack in the plastic moulding on the roof of the van a month or so ago, so they have ordered a replacement for this - unfortunately there was a delay and the part hadn't yet arrived when we took the van in, so we will have to take it back in again at some stage. In the meantime hubby has sealed the crack with silicone, so no major dramas.

I'm also getting a quote to have an oven installed, which I regret not including when we ordered the van! I'm sure hubby will have a fit about it, but then I do most of the cooking when we go camping so surely the final decision rests with me right? :behindsofa: ;)

So the only issue that remains is finding a free weekend to get away ugh!! Our last couple of attempts at planning have failed, as we seem to be so busy at the moment.. And in a moment of apparent insanity, I put my hand up to work over the xmas/new year period, which now makes the chance to get away even more difficult!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Yep. Who does most cooking gets to choose, I say!
And on putting your hand up for working...... ARE YOU FEELING OK????? Unless you get great penalty rates, then I can understand. Still, I'm sure there will be a free weekend.....at some stage.....so all will be good. (You could say those Chrissy shifts are to pay for the oven)

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Took the van in to B&B Caravan Repairs last week to get some warranty issues sorted. We were panicking about driving there on a Monday morning in peak hour traffic, but as it turns out it was quite easy to get to, so we weren't too stressed on arrival lol

They fixed the water pump, so it now turns off when it's supposed to!
Fixed a couple of locks on drawers so they stay closed when in transit
Fixed the "stiff" middle skylight, so it now opens and closes easily

We discovered a crack in the plastic moulding on the roof of the van a month or so ago, so they have ordered a replacement for this - unfortunately there was a delay and the part hadn't yet arrived when we took the van in, so we will have to take it back in again at some stage. In the meantime hubby has sealed the crack with silicone, so no major dramas.

I'm also getting a quote to have an oven installed, which I regret not including when we ordered the van! I'm sure hubby will have a fit about it, but then I do most of the cooking when we go camping so surely the final decision rests with me right? :behindsofa: ;)

So the only issue that remains is finding a free weekend to get away ugh!! Our last couple of attempts at planning have failed, as we seem to be so busy at the moment.. And in a moment of apparent insanity, I put my hand up to work over the xmas/new year period, which now makes the chance to get away even more difficult!
We have the oven its realy good we cook meat in bbq vegies in oven im not a real fan of microwave so heating stuff its good to

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Received the quote for the oven today - total cost including installation is $1675..

glass-smevm.jpg

They quoted on a Smev 401 - is this the same oven as what other people have? @Crusty181 would do you have in your van?

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Actually I think it might be this one - I've emailed to clarify which one they quoted on exactly, so should have an answer tomorrow hopefully

Smev 401 Black.jpg

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
@Bluey ... I'm guessing my invite got held up by Aus Post??????? :hungry:
We waited for you but no show so i ate yours too it was very nice thanks my wife is a fan of good food im happy with 2 min noodels its good she looks after us what would we do without our loverly wifes ??????? Eat noodels and pizza fish and chips wash it down with beer mmmmmmm