Hurst Family - 2014 Expanda 20.63-1 OB

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
A Jeep, well done...................be prepared for jealous taunts from those without.

like this one

jeep apology.jpg

Reactions: davemc

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
All set up at Rollingstone for the long weekend, with the new NEFA pressure limiting valve installed and woah! Huge difference! I have to remember not to turn the tap on full blast every time now lol :)
Is this valve a replacement for the Jayco one ie is it also a one way valve and will it also 'attach' to existing connectors( direct replacement )? My Jayco original has failed and only allows a dribble of water through from the mains inlet, pump etc is fine.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Last edited:

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Is this valve a replacement for the Jayco one ie is it also a one way valve and will it also 'attach' to existing connectors( direct replacement )? My Jayco original has failed and only allows a dribble of water through from the mains inlet, pump etc is fine.

We replaced the Jayco one with the NEFA and it's been brilliant so far! Pressure is excellent and haven't had any problems with it - I just have to remember that I don't need to turn the kitchen tap on full blast anymore lol :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We replaced the Jayco one with the NEFA and it's been brilliant so far! Pressure is excellent and haven't had any problems with it - I just have to remember that I don't need to turn the kitchen tap on full blast anymore lol :)
The spring stretching thing on the factory unit obviously didn't pan out for you guys ?? Whoever it was that posted up that solution seemed very confident I recall.

My mains is still limited in flow, but Ive become used to it and not having the water blast out and spray everywhere is not such a bad thing. My only issue now is the shower. That requires a tiny touch more pressure because a few of the lower needles dribble (that sentence just sounds wrong doesn't it) If the spring stretchy thing opened up the pressure just a tad, Id be happy with that.

I would love to restrict the pump flow to the same .... maybe you could post me your dodgy valve. Ha

Reactions: Flossymk1

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
The spring stretching thing on the factory unit obviously didn't pan out for you guys ?? Whoever it was that posted up that solution seemed very confident I recall.

My mains is still limited in flow, but Ive become used to it and not having the water blast out and spray everywhere is not such a bad thing. My only issue now is the shower. That requires a tiny touch more pressure because a few of the lower needles dribble (that sentence just sounds wrong doesn't it) If the spring stretchy thing opened up the pressure just a tad, Id be happy with that.

I would love to restrict the pump flow to the same .... maybe you could post me your dodgy valve. Ha

Little trick I use when hooked up to mains is also run the pump(making sure i have water in the tank) when having a shower, bumps it up nicely then. But one thing I am sick of when only on tank water is the constant bumping the pump does when not using full pressure. Going to get round to fitting a accumulator oneday, then problem solved;)

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi again, one Q not sure of, is the NEFA also a one way valve that stops water from being pumped out the mains pressure inlet when on pump only ( mains not connected)?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Little trick I use when hooked up to mains is also run the pump(making sure i have water in the tank) when having a shower, bumps it up nicely then. But one thing I am sick of when only on tank water is the constant bumping the pump does when not using full pressure. Going to get round to fitting a accumulator oneday, then problem solved;)
I considered an accumulator and questioned why there wasn't one when I ordered the new van (not having had a pump in a van before, but having the home pump cut in and out without an accumulator), but my van pump happily hums along constantly without it.

I could use my pump to beef up the shower water, because at this point in time my mains pressure back fills the water tanks by forcing its way past the dodgy non return valve and back into the tanks ... so regardless how much water I take out of the tanks, by morning they're full again and overflowing. Thats a short lived remedy that hopefully will be fixed at the warranty fix-er-upper-er next Thu.

Reactions: navmatt

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi again, one Q not sure of, is the NEFA also a one way valve that stops water from being pumped out the mains pressure inlet when on pump only ( mains not connected)?
The NEFA reducer isn't a non return valve. You should already have a separate non return to stop the back flow out the mains. The NEFA is a straight replacement Marv

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
I considered an accumulator and questioned why there wasn't one when I ordered the new van (not having had a pump in a van before, but having the home pump cut in and out without an accumulator), but my van pump happily hums along constantly without it.

I could use my pump to beef up the shower water, because at this point in time my mains pressure back fills the water tanks by forcing its way past the dodgy non return valve and back into the tanks ... so regardless how much water I take out of the tanks, by morning they're full again and overflowing. Thats a short lived remedy that hopefully will be fixed at the warranty fix-er-upper-er next Thu.

Mainly the only time it stops and starts is when we use the filtered water tap, which in our family gets used heaps. I end up turning the sink mixer tap on as well to stop it. It just erks me and for the 80 odd dollars and Im prepared to pay that to stop me gettin the shites with it.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
We are finally getting the van back on the road tomorrow! Off to Cotton Tree Holiday Park on the Sunshine Coast for the weekend :)

Hopefully the weather comes good as it's pouring outside at the moment...

Does anyone know how many Jayco dealers there are in Brisbane? We need to get our pump looked at - I see that there is a Jayco on the southside, but I was hoping for something a bit closer to home?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Are you Northside?

If so, can recommend BandB at Brendale. Deakin st I think.
They've done all of our fixes, warranty work, modifications etc and we've found them really good but very busy.

Parking can be a problem but we leave the van in the street and they shovel it in with a tractor thingy.

Enjoy Cotton Tree ...the weather might improve by the weekend.