GROUP MEET 2016

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
OK... happy to report that the Marshians are locked and loaded from Friday to Friday (23rd to 30th) after speaking to Wilpena today. I don't think I've ever locked in a holiday (including overseas trips) this far out... I can't believe I have to wait 14 months for this trip!!

Will update the list in the other thread accordingly.

Reactions: mrsmfexpanda

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hey @Smergen love your work, however as you have dedicated yourself to be the main organiser for this epic voyage are you able to give all and sundry an updare whether or not the un-powered sites have grey water disposal? just asking

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Wont be in on this one. I have to go to West Australia in July 2016 for family reasons. I cant afford two big events in the one year.
Depending on what time of year you all decide on the W.A. meet in 2018, I might be able to make that one. I retire in September of that year. But with long service leave plus holidays will probably finish July/ August in 2018.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hey @Smergen love your work, however as you have dedicated yourself to be the main organiser for this epic voyage are you able to give all and sundry an updare whether or not the un-powered sites have grey water disposal? just asking
Friends have just come back from Wilpena and they stayed in the powered sites, the grey water hoses are put into fenced-off garden areas that are placed around the sites, so I can only assume that they have the same set up for the un-powered area.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We are wondering how long to book at Wilpena. Not sure of what can be done there and what time will be needed to cover it all. We are happy to spend a week or more there so long as there are places to visit and things to see. It will be part of a longer trip so we will be camping along the way and nearby as well and we are open to suggestions as well as company. :noidea:

Reactions: Drover

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
We are wondering how long to book at Wilpena. Not sure of what can be done there and what time will be needed to cover it all. We are happy to spend a week or more there so long as there are places to visit and things to see. It will be part of a longer trip so we will be camping along the way and nearby as well and we are open to suggestions as well as company. :noidea:
There is a couple of days of bushwalking in and around the pound. I would make it a minimum of 4 nights to allow some R&R time and catchup with Expandas people. Lots of other bush camping in the Nationsl parks around the place too

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Theres plenty to do out there youve got all the walking trails within the pound , Blinman , you can back track it over to Arkaroola or spend time in Brachina gorge before heading over to the Prairie hotel for a beer or two then come back via the Parachilna gorge

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi Paul (@chartrock)
We're not sure how long to stay either or which way we are going down and back, at some stage we will probably call into Pt Pirie for a week to see Carmel's family. Was thinking of maybe having a look at the great ocean road on the way back, all depends if I can get a job between now and then I guess. Will keep you posted as we would lovet catch up somewhere along the way like we did last time, cheers.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi Paul (@chartrock)
We're not sure how long to stay either or which way we are going down and back, at some stage we will probably call into Pt Pirie for a week to see Carmel's family. Was thinking of maybe having a look at the great ocean road on the way back, all depends if I can get a job between now and then I guess. Will keep you posted as we would lovet catch up somewhere along the way like we did last time, cheers.
G'day Dave, we are planning a longer trip probably including either the GOR or a run along the Murray River but not sure whether to spend the time before or after the meet at Wilpena. Doing it before, it will be pretty cold along the GOR July / August but we don't have as much time available after September. Just as well we have plenty of time to decide, but need to figure how long to stay and book at Wilpena.

Reactions: Drover