GROUP MEET 2016

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
We are happy with either Rawnsley or Wilpena . get @Smergen to run a poll

Buggar that.... All the early feedback is that either is good and we've had 3 or 4 say Wilpena... so that seems good enough I reckon....

What say everyone, shall I start making communications with Wilpena and go from there with the chosen date? If so, I'll start up a thread and try and get one of the mods to make it a sticky...

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Just spoke to my better half, and she is keen, so count us in. Wilpena Resort sound good. I was last there in 86 so looking forward to it. Might zip up to Birdsville beforehand.

Reactions: davemc and Smergen

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
how long is everyone thinking of going for 1 or 2 weeks some just weekend ?????????? don't think anyone has said how long they will book the park for ????????

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
we might go for a week ish before want to have a good look around, depends on my work that time of year will know closer.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I'm going to get in touch with resort at some stage this week to see what can and can't be arranged this far out. I'm also starting up another thread which will be for registrations of interest only. I think we should keep general chit chat here so attendees and dates can be clearly determined...

Reactions: cruza driver

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
maybe need another poll @Smergen how long are people planning to go for

People will go for as long and as short as they can I reckon mate. Some will be there before hand, others will stay afterwards and love watching most roll out (a caravaner's sweetest moment - watching others leave...). If we agree that one of the night is "THE" night where we'll have a bigger get together, everyone can work around it to whatever suits them best I reckon.

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
its a lot of leave to take in one hit im thinking , was going there in 2017 for Easter I get 10 days of then a week more of leave and that's heaps so im thinking would need 2 weeks at least 2 and half days to get there with small kids drove straight from melb to port Augusta once but not now that was in the old comfy HZ prem wagon 253 v8 nice !!!!!!!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
We are in - probably heading there via Beechworth etc, Melbourne (eldest son and family will be there end of this year), Great Ocean road, Mount Barker (brother in law), Flinders, then who knows?

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Just ran it by Mrs DRW and she daid yep, so we're in for sure at this stage, we will go from there to Port Pirie to see her mum on the way home. @Billrw136 I found another bottle of stuff, I might bring it to share, but, 2 nights before departure this time ;)
Good news Dave - I was getting worried. By the way how is the new van?