Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Flew into work on the 3rd haven't had a day under 40deg since we got in, really starting to feel drained:dejection:
Currently on night shift so at least I am out of the direct sun shine now but as you can see it was 42.4deg at 6pm when we started tonight:flame:

Here is a crop of the latest figures for the area from the BOM web site, well and truly over it:censored:

cxc.png

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yeah. Over it as well.

Went to visit an elderly relative today.....incredibly optimistic about life....only 93.

I can't believe it as she's blind and totally immobile. Kept saying "how lucky am I"

I kept saying "how lucky am I to have known you"

Puts lots of things into perspective, methinks.

and her family introduced us to the joys of camping many moons ago.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
At the old place we would regularly have 38 deg hot, dry, fry an egg on the bonnet days BUT not anymore thank you very much......

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Good very hot morning 43 here today its cranking allready will be at pool soon elvis festival on saturday 32 they say that day will be there at 9 for huge markets and street parade at 10 thats over at 11 then get out of there for my sons birthday party all day at the brothers my aircons doing well but will be good to get home after this heat ..... a sea breeze again mmmmmm
Are you going dressed as elvis ?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Another warm humid day, 30 deg and about 87% humidity, had a stroll thru Bunnings for some plants and a new Ryobi drill with batteries fell into the cart, needed new batteries, getting the set was cheaper than 2 batteries, Secret Santa put in $50 at least........................so much good stuff that is desperately needed but not allowed..............................such is life..............at least the place with the Dodge RAMs was shut.......stuffed the plants in the ground now sitting back with a , wait for it children " A Tooheys" waiting for rain..................................dark ominous clouds around...................why not my beloved XXXX, well price............$48 for some XXXX, pigs bum.

Oh and @mfexpanda , it was in QLD and it was Carlton and I'm not telling.........actually forgot the address but know how to get there.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Aaaaaahhh. A new drill....like it. My Ryobi has replaced many generations of useless models.

Even though the temp today has been lower, it's still ridiculously hot with the high humidity.

and we've had three storms since 3. ...and at least 90mm...and another band of storms coming.

Glad ....for a change...I'm not camping.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Another warm humid day, 30 deg and about 87% humidity, had a stroll thru Bunnings for some plants and a new Ryobi drill with batteries fell into the cart, needed new batteries, getting the set was cheaper than 2 batteries, Secret Santa put in $50 at least........................so much good stuff that is desperately needed but not allowed..............................such is life..............at least the place with the Dodge RAMs was shut.......stuffed the plants in the ground now sitting back with a , wait for it children " A Tooheys" waiting for rain..................................dark ominous clouds around...................why not my beloved XXXX, well price............$48 for some XXXX, pigs bum.

Oh and @mfexpanda , it was in QLD and it was Carlton and I'm not telling.........actually forgot the address but know how to get there.
We will be around next trip !

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Still waiting for the rain @Dobbie , comes close but nothing................I went from a Makita with 2 batteries and a Ryobi with 3 batteries (have a few Ryobi cordless tools) the batteries on the Makita died and cant get replacements, it was a fantastic unit and since I the Ryobi is down to 1 thats any good, it was time for an upgrade, I have about 5 Ryobi tools imcluding a big 8 port charger which was given to me, also the Ryobi gear is interchangeable with the new stuff so Ryobi won the contract........now have 2 drills again so happy.
I wonder what the 18v Makita would be like if I put a plug on it and ran it off the 12v anderson ????

Late Note: @Bluey , turn your AC on higher your getting hot and delirious.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I've kept old 12v drills for years, thinking I'd look around for replacement batteries, then thought I'd add an Anderson plug and cable ....then dumped them recently.

I've now got one requirement...18v, brand name so I can claim if the battery dies yet again or be easily replaced.

We ended up getting 120mm of rain last night so had to quickly get water out of tanks to stop the overflow...must sort that out some day... I was drenched but cooler and happier. Drip dry is cooling.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I love the way the news goes on about freak storms and stuff in SE QLD, always thought it was normal until the long drought to have these storms brew up , good old Gully Rakers, just blow through then all clear, just leaving a mess......................................... also going on about the weather up in the NT, it is the Wet up there now and thats whats supposed to happen...................................

Bugger all rain here, missed us completely.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I hope your EDU rates are better than @Drover .

Suspect he charges for the space, the power, the beverages, the fishing trip, and the optional mechanical fixit advice.....it could be worthwhile....

I think @Bluey was handling the bookings. He needs to get in quickly as @Drover threatened to leave home once he heard about the visitors.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and here I was thinking the old @Dobbie would be dragging his soon/eventual/some time to arrive van up here for it's test drive and eventual spanner touch up so he could get it back home.........:bolt:?????????

At the "Drovers Rest" :welcome: it's BYO drinkies (plenty in case I run out) valet parking is available, mods can be carried out :clap2:, trips on the water :fish2: are free, catching of fish is not mandatory but desirable so long as you cook ém , in fact I even allow Blues Supporters :o so how good is that :congratulatory: and I don't care what beer you like, I'll like it........:drunk:.............so there you go, mind the gate will probably be locked from late Feb as the touring season gets underway and the house sitter Gypsie's park up to mow lawns etc.